Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Colored Bot PM's

Hi it would be nice if there would be a client way to color in all Bot messages so that they would be different to players pm's

I can do and did do that for my own and a couple select other bots via global text filter but i thought it would be nice if you just would have an Option where you can set it like with the channel colors. that way you might not miss some pm's from players because you did do a /botname wanted

or similar

Implementations idea  Collect on start of client the bots online,  from the game online player website. or when player does an update command, (store the names at client in a file so it gets updated when needed) use the color select menu for the channels to set a color for BOTPMS (all bots will have same color then. Make the bot color filter to be applied before the client text filter file, so if someone wants to seperate some special bots, they still can do that.

Edited by vinoveritas

Sounds nice. Further distinguishes bots from played characters, which sometimes can be a little confusing to new players on occasion.

As far as I know, that would require server support to be really correct.

While your suggestion would work, it is a hack, as bots can come online and go away

at any moment.

And anyway, bots aren't supposed to PM you on their initiative, you have to PM them first

(e.g. you have to ask for Mercator notifications), so is this really a problem in practice?

Yes it would be a hack using the online plattform but its the only way without server support that i know of.

Secondly the problem is not the pm of the bots, its that you might have asked the bot to pm you, get a lot of lines and in between a pm of other players. that you miss because you only check the information of the bot pm's that you need and often disregard the rest. For example if you do a /botname wanted   and forget an item behind it, you get from some bots pages of lines. and you search only for one.

And yes it is relevant as i only made the suggestion after i missed pm's from there.  (and for example for mercator i have set up my global text filter do to a change of color (i also did do it for some players)

Edited by vinoveritas