Eternal Lands Official Forums
Maxine

Reduce afk mob harvesting

It also makes gatherer medallion unusable for players having taken the MM perk.

And I suspect perks are coded in a way that makes it impossible to allow wearing an item

with a perk if you already have that perk (be it through an item or by a visit to the wraith).

And keep in mind that taking the perk for 3PP and buying the removal is not such a bad choice

for beginners when MM cloaks are rare and expensive

Edited by revi

I never understood why it was necessary to have the restriction about not able to wear an item that has the perk you have, just change the server check, to not award the perk twice if its already exists instead of having the check say you cannot wear it.

And what if perks are just a flag, toggled when you put on or remove an item giving that perk?

It's not when you start wearing the item that troubles occur, but when you remove the item (in this scenario):

- when putting on an item you check if you should toggle the perk, easy, no problems;

- when taking off such an item, what was the original state?

Of course, this can be coded around (several ways to do it come to mind). But at the moment, you can't wear

an item giving a perk if you already have that perk;  perhaps something to take into consideration when

discussing a suggestion?

Of course, this can be coded around (several ways to do it come to mind). But at the moment, you can't wear

an item giving a perk if you already have that perk;  perhaps something to take into consideration when

discussing a suggestion?

That's exactly why i made my suggestion!!!

And it  would not be programming around, it would fix a system, that apparently is not set up right(i do not know how the game is programmed, but in my object orientated thinking, a perk is an attribute of a character or an object, so the check should be simple like

a if(!charakter_has_perk(item_perk){

toggle perk

}

of course that only will work if the character has the perk stored as an attribute that is set and unset when he gets some from wraith or redeemer ...) and not if the perks are just a list of toggled on things. but the latter should be done anyway or it is a possible vunerability for cheating.

Edited by vinoveritas

2 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

That's exactly why i made my suggestion!!!

And it  would not be programming around, it would fix a system, that apparently is not set up right(i do not know how the game is programmed, but in my object orientated thinking, a perk is an attribute of a character or an object, so the check should be simple like

a if(!charakter_has_perk(item_perk){

toggle perk

}

of course that only will work if the character has the perk stored as an attribute that is set and unset when he gets some from wraith or redeemer ...) and not if the perks are just a list of toggled on things. but the latter should be done anyway or it is a possible vunerability for cheating.

The only place the server tracks if you have a Perk is that flag! So wearing and item with the same Perk and then removing it you lose the Perk without getting any PP back! Basically Radu would have to rewrite how he's tracking Perks.

But people like having mobs attack when training and this hurts non-afk players.  I would never want MM attached to gatherer.  :o

I edited my post immediately after. My objection still stands.  One man's improvement is another man's destruction of a great item.  I never cared for hurting the regular players in the attempt to stop a "problem" done by a handful of players or less.

AFK fighting has never been illegal, and there are risks involved in it.  Also, if you know somebody is afk, why aren't you just taking over the spawn?

Not sure this is an issue to radu or most players, but if it is, changing ignore to level to max(a,d) < 51 or 26 or 21 would work; shouldn't be a big hassle to code

Edited by dragon_killer

I can see Aislinns objection, i did like that when i was still leveling on ogres that they did att me so i could have multiple on me, and did not need to chase, but i do also see the problem others have

As I see it, AFK training becomes a problem if training spawns are occupied an unreasonable amount of time by AFK trainers.

Even then, an active player should be able to work around it, as the AFK trainer can't pursuit monsters(*).

And just a fyi, ignore levels on skeletons and goblins, have been changed already from the quoted 26 and 21 def (in 2017, iirc they are based on combat

level now, see the posts in the "updates" forum section).

(*: unless by using a macro or modified client, which would be against game rules, but that's not the subject here)