Eternal Lands Official Forums
Diealot

Enriched Essences

New Recipe:

Ingredients:

20x EEE 

Result:

1x Random Enriched (non-Energy) Essence

OR (Less exciting in my opinion, but just as fine) depending on how radu would like to implement

1x Enrichment stone

Recommended level:

Base Experience:

5000 Alchemy

Required Food:

Required Nexus:

None

Optionally (again radu's preference) - Required Tool:

Alembic

Edited by Diealot

Interesting use, falls in line with similar things already in-game like perk stones + token to get a RIG or whatever that does.

Sounds good, and balanced.

The random part might require extra coding, as mixes don't normally work with random results. If so, I'd suggest an alternative that the mix produces an Enrichment Stone.

Edited by Burn

I like this idea and Burn has a good point on the result being an enrichment stone.

From a roleplay perspective this could be an alchemy skill that extracts the enriching substance from enriched essences.

Maybe it uses alembic as a tool to distill this enriching substance from the EEEs.

In the short term a EEE/Enrichment Stone rate of 20 or higher might be ok but in the long run, after stored EEEs get used up, it should be 10 or slightly less based on the following math.

The chances to produce an enriched essence per 10 second cooldown using Feasting Potion and with no pause from fails are as follows.

1) EFE: 1:1000 (10:10000. 10 FE per cooldown and 1/10000 chance of EFE per FE based on my experience)

2) EME: 1:1000 (5:5000. 5 ME per cooldown and 1/5000 chance of EME per ME based on my experience)

3) EEE: 1:120 (8.3:1000.  8.3 EE per cooldown and 1/1000 chance of EEE per EE based on my experience)

The rate at which EEE can be produced per given time compared to EFE or EME is 1000:120 and this reduces to 8.333 EEE per EFE or EME.

Changing product to enrichment stone is less exciting in my opinion, but would be perfectly acceptable if radu likes that better (whether it's easier to implement or not is also radu's call).

Similarly using a tool (like the alembic) is also fine if radu wants to implement it that way.

Also the amount of EEE in recipe is entirely adjustable per radu's desired rate. 10x EEE per mix seems a bit low in my opinion, 15x on the lower end of 'about right', 20x on the higher end of 'about right', and 25x would definitely be on the high side. But, anywhere in thereish should be OK (doesn't need to be a multiple of 5 either, if you're feeling 17x is a good number, am all for it).

Edited by Diealot

The random enriched is more interesting.

Enrichment stone was only brought up because the randomization would require rewriting code to allow for random, not just a mix addition which just requires adding the mix parameters. And I'm not sure the time and effort would be put into rewriting the code for one mix at this point given the current status of updates.

Edited by Burn

30 minutes ago, Diealot said:

@Zamirah

Why? Nothing else in the alchemy skill requires nexus.

Because its random item you get. So not mixing but making magic.

Edited by Zamirah

@zamirah

No, it's actually not magic (you don't need magic nexus for the magic skill either, but that's beside the point) It's alchemy. Transmuting one thing, EEE here, into something else, another enriched essence (or an enrichment stone). There's no 'teleportation' (crafting rings), fancy glowing swords, stat boosts, perked items, etc. involved in the process whatsoever.

Also, when you quote someone's post, write your reply below the quote so that other people can quote you and people can follow the thread better. Without there being conflicting posts where you have put words into my text that I did not actually write.

Edited by Diealot