Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

[Closed] New development version of the Android client

On 17/12/2021 at 9:23 PM, Maxine said:

I found an issue with the spell window.

It was the mouse over handler.  Only the help information was incorrect, nothing as bad as the trade bug but its fixed now anyway.  I also fixed another bug when only the initial windows mode use the default window positions. This one effects the desktop client too.

The latest 195 build 1.9.5-20211218.2131 (old 1.9.5 data package), the latest 196 build 1.9.6.0-1 (new data pack)

• Fix mouse over issues for spells windows on Android.
  • Fix only initial spells window not using default position.
Edited by bluap
Added 196 updated build

The latest build will not work for me any more, I'm using a galaxy note 8 which was running the old build great (many hours spent) 

After install from play store all I get is a black screen, any advice please. 

I also notice that the buttons at the bottom have space padding between them - meaning that the useful 'settings' settings button is off the screen.  Is there an option to fix?

8 hours ago, andy_c said:

The latest build will not work for me any more, I'm using a galaxy note 8 which was running the old build great (many hours spent) 

After install from play store all I get is a black screen, any advice please. 

When you say the old version was working, do you mean the old play store version or the development version discussed in this thread.  Also, is the initial login screen black of just when you log in.

3 hours ago, Raz said:

I also notice that the buttons at the bottom have space padding between them - meaning that the useful 'settings' settings button is off the screen.  Is there an option to fix?

There has always been spacing between the HUD icons on Android.  I know fitting the icons is a big problem for portrait mode on most devices and I'm considering what can be done.  In landscape mode the initial-run scaling usually works OK.  You could reduce the UI scaling a bit until it fits; change the "User interface scaling factor" option on the "Fonts" tab.  I'm also considering detecting this issues and adjusting the initial-run scaling.

5 minutes ago, andy_c said:

Its the old build before it went to play store had it for a few years.

The initial login screen black ... as soon as launch the game.

Did you remove the old app before installing from the store?  Have you tried clearing the app data?  Note these both steps will mean you loose your user data.

25 minutes ago, bluap said:

Did you remove the old app before installing from the store?  Have you tried clearing the app data?  Note these both steps will mean you loose your user data.

Will clear everything and let you know

17 minutes ago, andy_c said:

Thanks Bluap

Got it working after wiping phone cache.

Yes I had uninstalled before installing and did a wipe of apps data.

Good news.

Going forwards my intention is to release development versions that can be installed over the Play Store version.  Previously these development builds have used the id com.el.elc, the Play Store version uses com.purebinary.elc.  This difference meant that if you installed both builds, you would have two versions installed each with separate user data.  I think shifting to a single version based on the Play Store id is the best way forward.  If you are using the previous com.el.elc version please remove the app, install the Play Store version then side load updates from here if you want the development version.

Anyway, I've done a new development build 1.9.6.0-20211228.1456.  Changes include (most not just for Android):

• An option on the video tab to set allowed screen orientations.  I will continue to look for a way to use device settings instead.
  • Fixed display of action point > 999 in the stats window.
  • Correct colour for login window version text when there is an error.
  • Enable item user counters always now we cannot run old clients.
  • Add chat channel colours window to managed windows; enabling auto scaling.
  • Change ground bag window default position to bottom centre.
  • Fix blank lines in console when wrapping text to fit width.
Edited by bluap

I just reconized when you are trying to switch i glow in the dark perk by using the #glow command, you dont get the Text in console if its on or off.

Somebody else has that Problem?

2 hours ago, Nils said:

I just reconized when you are trying to switch i glow in the dark perk by using the #glow command, you dont get the Text in console if its on or off.

Somebody else has that Problem?

I've just tested and it worked fine for me.  As on the desktop, I note you only get the message if you have the perk though.  It's a server #command so nothing really for the client to do.

Edited by bluap

3 hours ago, bluap said:

I've just tested and it worked fine for me.  As on the desktop, I note you only get the message if you have the perk though.  It's a server #command so nothing really for the client to do.

Ofc i have the perk lol. Works fine on PC

When the client first starts and the "Show Status Indicators in HUD" option is off, you have to enable it in order to show the glow status messages from server.  Once it's enabled, the messages will show even if you turn the HUD option off while the client is running. If the client starts with the HUD option enabled, the glow status server messages show in console. The problem is also present in non-Android versions.

6 hours ago, Nogrod said:

When the client first starts and the "Show Status Indicators in HUD" option is off, you have to enable it in order to show the glow status messages from server.  Once it's enabled, the messages will show even if you turn the HUD option off while the client is running. If the client starts with the HUD option enabled, the glow status server messages show in console. The problem is also present in non-Android versions.

Work now. Ty for the help :)

9 hours ago, Nogrod said:

OK, that's the first time I've seen that reported.  I'll look at fixing it.

1 hour ago, bluap said:

OK, that's the first time I've seen that reported.  I'll look at fixing it.

I've fixed the problem.  It would have worked after using #glow" three times too.  Anyway, I'm going builds for this and other fixes currently and will posit in the main thread.

Edited by bluap

The android code is now maintained and released along with the desktop client so I'll close this topic.  Thanks to everyone that helped with testing and feedback.