Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

[Closed] New development version of the Android client

1 hour ago, Samsemilia said:

I did find some „holes in the ground“- dunno if it is a thing here but the two ones were in :

- You are in Morcraven Marsh Caves [101,140]
-You are in Morcraven Marsh [76,112]

On which server where you testing this and with which maps?

If you use the 1.9.6 maps on main server, or the 1.9.5 maps on the test server,

you can expect things like the "holes in the ground", as explained here

Such "glitches" are not bugs in the maps, and unavoidable.

9 minutes ago, revi said:

On which server where you testing this and with which maps?

If you use the 1.9.6 maps on main server, or the 1.9.5 maps on the test server,

you can expect things like the "holes in the ground", as explained here

Such "glitches" are not bugs in the maps, and unavoidable.

Correct. If you're using the full install that includes 1.9.6 maps, you can only properly use it on the Test server, until the main server gets the official update. This is because you have 1.9.6 maps in the client, but the Main server is still using 1.9.5 maps, and almost every official map has had some kind of tweaking done to it.

5 hours ago, ladrilho said:

I had the same "issue" with the UI scaling when I installed the latest version (UI too big).

My phone is a Galaxy s10+ with resolution FDH+ 2280x1080.

The scaling factor is set to 2.90 by default.

Is there something I can do to add more useful information for you?

I had scaling issues and found that they were caused by data from a previous installation. Either scale was too large or too small.  I fixed this by clearing out the app's data. You might also want to delete, if it exists, <user storage>/Android/data/com.el.elc.  After this, the app launched with the correct scaling.

Ok, that worked. Thank you Nogrod.

But I had to clear the data of the application via the android application preferences, as I could not find the files with the default file manager.

Does this mean that people will have to clear/remove the data folder or this will happen when upgrading?

6 minutes ago, ladrilho said:

Ok, that worked. Thank you Nogrod.

But I had to clear the data of the application via the android application preferences, as I could not find the files with the default file manager.

Does this mean that people will have to clear/remove the data folder or this will happen when upgrading?

Yes, if people have a previous EL app version, they should either uninstall it or they should at least clear out the app data through App Preferences before launching the new version.

5 hours ago, Nogrod said:

Yes, if people have a previous EL app version, they should either uninstall it or they should at least clear out the app data through App Preferences before launching the new version.

Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than that. The client uses a list of assets to ensure no old data files are left in place when they should not be. That means it should be safe to just update an already installed version without clearing storage or uninstalling first. 

If you do clear storage you loose settings, counters etc. Likewise if you uninstall. In addition if you uninstall then you may have previous settings restored by Android automatically. This is a bit broken currently but I've been trying to fix this.

Also, the play store version and the test version are signed differently so cause conflicts. Though Radu and I can now use a common key to sign builds.

Once we have a new stable version I suggest people uninstall any old version then install the new version.  Once installed, clear storage before starting for the first time.  From then on, it will be safe to do updates without clearing storage or uninstalling.

On 01/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, ladrilho said:

I had the same "issue" with the UI scaling when I installed the latest version (UI too big).

My phone is a Galaxy s10+ with resolution FDH+ 2280x1080.

The scaling factor is set to 2.90 by default.

Is there something I can do to add more useful information for you?

Is 2.9 what you were getting before clearing your data or after clearing your data?  If before, what is it now?

If 2280 is the native display size or the size of the EL window?

The android scaling factor is set for a new install depending on the main window width:

if (window_width<640)
		new_value = MIN_UI_SCALE;
	else if (window_width <= 1024)
		new_value = 1.1;
	else if (window_width <= 1280)
		new_value = 1.6;
	else if (window_width <= 1600)
		new_value = 1.7;
	else if (window_width <= 2160)
		new_value = 2.5;
	else if (window_width <= 2560)
		new_value = 2.9;
	else
		new_value = MAX_UI_SCALE;

So for you device, 2.9 is what would be expected.  At some stage during the development, the client changed from using full screen to windowed with the Android top bar and possibly button bar to the right.  Your original size may have been set before that change and the actual window size is now smaller.  With the latest build, you can now set the client to run full screen but that will not change the scaling factor.

First off very sorry to report a bug this late in the testing circle but well there it is.

While Trading with raz who was on android i found a trade bug that i could confirm with a new installed version of the 1.9.5 developer android client from the forum right after.

Basically if you click on an item not in the first row, i do get an item of the numbers of categories down, and reverse order of the item list,

For example i clicked on the last item in magic slot (5 rows down and i got an invasion token into the storage slot (the  token was at the first slot)

in my try's it was pretty consistent so i did not always know exactly which slot they where as i did not record it, so i might be off there a bit, but it looks for me like something in the array work of items went wrong

-----

Update did do trades between Flava and Vino_sto  to try and reproduce it again, and failed.

So i think it might be somethings with settings but i do not know what, maybe it is related to the error where you sometimes get the trades change between inventory and storage without discernible pattern.

Trade try between flava and Raz also worked normal. Not sure what made that behaviour with raz and with me before at sto (i had the problem on android as had raz on android )

Edited by vinoveritas

I tried trading with Raz as well.  I saw no pattern to what would be replaced.  I tried to trade him a toadstool and a conjurer cloak went into the trade window instead.  Augmented pants turned into a 5% shop coupon.  Female orc token turned into a ring of srm.  These are the last items in their respective storage sections but not all storage sections seem to have this problem.  I did not have trouble getting a grape to trade properly like raz did. 

Could this be something to do with how storage is sorted?  (alphabetically vs. old way)

I did try items sorting no problems did not try category sorting as i do not have that

Raz has android version 1.9.6.0-rc-20211106.1634  I have under ab version 1.9.6.0-rc1-20211109.0003

Aislinns version  1.9.6.0-rc-20211130.2243

Edited by vinoveritas

I have the default on Android.

My version is 1.9.6.0-rc-20211130.2243 with 1.9.6 data (downloaded from the github page)

I can reproduce the trade bug on Android and have fixed it, I'll publish new version tomorrow.

Edited by bluap

9 hours ago, bluap said:

I can reproduce the trade bug on Android and have fixed it, I'll publish new version tomorrow.

As ever Bluap - many thanks.... was really bizarre - and amazing that no one had found it previously!  I really thought I was going mad!

Yet again - with only the vaguest of descriptions - you come through with a fix

12 hours ago, bluap said:

I can reproduce the trade bug on Android and have fixed it

Good find! I wonder though, if saving a single byte is worth the extra code complexity, and if we shouldn't just send two bytes always. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Grum said:

Good find! I wonder though, if saving a single byte is worth the extra code complexity, and if we shouldn't just send two bytes always. Oh well.

I wondered the same but I'm not familiar with the protocol details, I just copied the method used by the non-touch code.  I presume if we could, it would have been done using 2 bytes for both cases from the start.  The server may do something special so Perhaps Radu can comment.   That code was largely copied from the original Android port and I think we could re-factor a little now (one set of functions at least) but not this late in the release :)

The latest build 1.9.5-20211212.1319 using old data : (same code as the 1.9.6 RC5 build which uses the new data)

• Fix android trade from storage bug - pass correct item position.
  • Added more first time configuration scaling, fonts and window positions.
    • This can now be triggered for a new build and will be done when this build is first run.
  • Fixes for Android backup - keep the size below threshold buy only backing up necessary files.
  • Minor improvements for windows in default positions.
  • Use true font width to set password manager size.
  • Added option to automatically set the windows scaling factor (on by default for Android).

The 1.9.6 RC5 build uses the Google play store app ID and key so will replace any existing play store version.  It can be installed in addition to the 1.9.5 version.

Edited by bluap

Ok, please test RC5, if there are no issues for a few days I'll upload it to Google Play!

Edited by bluap
I mistakenly said RC6, its RC5.

I'm still testing regularly and I just noticed something

The User Menu is behind  the other chat channel UI elements (again this is not blocking, and might be related to my fussing around the font sizes and scaling)

tiizIT5.jpg

14 hours ago, ladrilho said:

I'm still testing regularly and I just noticed something

The User Menu is behind  the other chat channel UI elements (again this is not blocking, and might be related to my fussing around the font sizes and scaling)

Looks like you have the user menu title bar enabled so it moveable just like any other window.  By default it is not movable and automatically places itself at the top of the screen spaced from the end of the chat controls.  If you long press and select the "Lock in Standard Position" option, then it will return to the default state.

1 hour ago, bluap said:

If you long press and select the "Lock in Standard Position" option, then it will return to the default state.

That worked, maybe I clicked on it by mistake... thank you.

Unrelated question, is there a way to arrange/move items in inventory to move them to the last row for example?

1 hour ago, ladrilho said:

That worked, maybe I clicked on it by mistake... thank you.

Unrelated question, is there a way to arrange/move items in inventory to move them to the last row for example?

Good that the position restored OK.   Normally, the title bar is enabled if the window does off screen (after resize, rescale etc).  But that should not happen if a default position is used.

As for the inventory question, there's not an option like that other than moving each item individually.  On android the cursor modes are the same as the desktop with some special actions when working with the trade and storage window to make it easier to move items between.

2 hours ago, bluap said:

Good that the position restored OK.   Normally, the title bar is enabled if the window does off screen (after resize, rescale etc).  But that should not happen if a default position is used.

It might have happened when I was changing between landscape and portrait mode and messing around with the font and scaling at the same time.

If I can reproduce I'll report back.

2 hours ago, bluap said:

On android the cursor modes are the same as the desktop with some special actions when working with the trade and storage window to make it easier to move items between.

So simple I completely missed it, I was trying some cursor types that were making me stuck (not doing what I wanted), like Look at and Use :(

Selecting the walk cursor and then simple taping the item in storage selects it, and then taping the destination slot moves the item as expected.

Thank you.

I found an issue with the spell window. 

When I select a spell, and then go to the spell overview (^) and back, it shows the correct icon and sigils/essences, but identifies it wrong. Xeone figured out that the spell it names also changes when moving the spell window around. In my case I got "Intercontinental Teleport", see images.

Screenshot_20211217-220747_Eternal Lands crop.jpg

Screenshot_20211217-215906_Eternal Lands crop.jpg

Looks like the mouse over handler is showing the spell the that the last touch is over. Most windows on Android disable that handler. It should be easy to fix but perhaps too late for the release. Radu has already submitted the update to the play store.