Eternal Lands Official Forums
ladrilho

Protocol Messages GET_3D_OBJ_LIST & GET_3D_OBJ_LIST

Hello,

while going through the client code I saw the protocol messages GET_3D_OBJ_LIST & GET_3D_OBJ_LIST and I was wondering if these are being used at the moment by the current version of the server.

Would anyone know if there are situations where the server is sending these protocol messages today?

I assume if they are used, it would be to place objects on the map for specific quests, or in game events.

There might be some possible new usages for these messages and I my mind went to agriculture right away.

It could probably be basic stuff like the fields we already see in the game (vegetables, corn, flowers, etc...).

It could add an interesting skill to the game without "much" work needed on both the server and the client.

P.S.. Is there any other place where these "more technical" question should be discussed?

Thank you.

Cheers,

ladrilho

Well i know from the bot code that the messages are some that you can get to know what is clickable or not around you

so yes it is used when you click on a flag etc. Also its the reason why you get problems if you play the game with an non actual client, where the map versions on your computer is different then the server version of it, as they are
Syncronized there. 3rd there are quests in game where there are items that show up and vanish again

First of all thanks for your answer :)

2 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

Well i know from the bot code that the messages are some that you can get to know what is clickable or not around you

so yes it is used when you click on a flag etc.

When you say flag you mean the banners to change maps?

2 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

there are quests in game where there are items that show up and vanish again

Would you have some examples of quests that use this functionality?

If not appropriate to share in the open discussion could you send me some details in PM?

Thanks.

Yes i meant banners with flag's or ladders or any object that make mapchanges or interactions that does more then showing a text, which are put down in elm files of a map.Tthe server sends a list of objectid's to the client that are useable, and the client has a list of bojectsid's so that if you click on such an object it will be send to the server and you get a return message (on some objects that return is all clientbased too, depends on what you get to do) At least thats to my understanding.

But there is for example a quest where you  will need to click on a parcel in a cart, that was not in the cart before you started the quest and that vanishes after you click on it during the quest.

Bots uses the GET_3D_OBJ_LIST & GET_3D_OBJ_LIST Protocol to be able to move on a map or interact with objects that lead to mapchanges etc

Edited by vinoveritas