Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
antonia

Greater feasting potion?

I see some earlier comments about this as a possible addition to the game. As a PoF mixer and user, it would be nice to have the occasional surprise of a super-charged potion. What are the chances?

toni

Edited by antonia

Most people just go for IEDP. Bones are cheap and easy to come by. Then there are those that use toads. It's not a bad idea, but I'd rather use bones.

Yes, the 'greater feasting potion' is currently just bones.

I'm not sure why you think this pot in particular needs an upgraded version? Even normal feasties's 50 food is a lot (even if the cooldown is bleh).

That being said... it wouldn't hurt anything, so why not? Having more shiny pots would be fun. Add super p/c/r/w/i/v pots too while we're at it (even if people don't mix those).

Just now, Diealot said:

I'm not sure why you think this pot in particular needs an upgraded version? Even normal feasties's 50 food is a lot (even if the cooldown is bleh).

There are several items that I mix in bulk where feasties are not enough. That said, there are a few options to suppliment the food requirements. Bones and toadstools have been mentioned.  If you're unwilling to part with the pp for iedp, rabbit tokens work great for supplimenting toadstools on the very high food items that you're saving for special non-joule days, e.g. recycle day and schools day.

Each of these food suppliments have some sort of extra cost associated with them.  I can't imagine that the number of Greater Feasting Potions made by chance (even if the chances were relatively high such as on par with EMP and GHP) would be large enough to have any impact on existing food options so I see no harm in introducing this. At the same time, it seems that the only value this potion adds is the novelty value and that brief elation that you get when you mix a rare item.

Well i am not against greater Feasting pots, but what i would like to say is that we should have a look at the cooldown of food in general and overwork it. since toads and bones are having basicly 0 cooldown (for the price of poison or pickpoints) i think its unreasonable how long the cooldown for bread is for example. it is an almost unused food ressource these days, as it is a very stable food product for a large part in the rl word i would say it would be a nice idea to make bread mixable, change how much food it gives adjust the cooldown a bit,  and have it in place for the greater feasting pot

just as a suggestion 1 bread = 10 wheet 1 we; gives 70 food level, cooldown 20 secs

Edited by vinoveritas

Changing bread that way would mean removing bread from bag spawns (notably IP), and that removes a decent food source for new players.

Also, 10 wheat + 1 WE represents about 25-30 gc, making it one of the more expensive foods (in gc/food point; FP is about .24, bones .25-.3, "new bread" would be up to .4).

Anyway, either suggestion would require a server update. From Burn's postings, I get the impression there are plannes for that (map/client updates also require a server update), but still...

Of course those changes need a server restart(actually that is a reason for suggestions right now because the server needs a restart, i had to login today again because after a stop in harvesting i could not restart it), and you are welcome to tweak it, and why would the food source for new players (as it is ) need to change, if it is just a better thing, as it is people could actually get the bags now and use it instead them going to vanish all the time because nobody bothers to pick them up

Edited by vinoveritas