Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RipTide

Shop item Cloak of MORE tears

Since some of us have been on these break quests since EL time began and still not completed them because something JUST WON'T break. How about a new shop only item, Cloak of More Tears. 10% chance to break something you are wearing. Of course the cloak itself would be unbreakable.

Why don't we just have an option to move a step in the quest as a shop item? lol.

There are alot of people who have done the quest, try harder.

I've put numerous amount of hours into these quests on several chars, completed start to finish all weapons and armor quest, first and second in 18 months. its not that hard if you put the time in. maybe just try fight in the armor/weapons instead of just doing dailies in 8 minutes and say 'oh it won't break'. think the cape is a bad idea personally.

It will break. I've had to give up a lot of time that should have gone to more productive activities but I figure that is the cost of that shiny armor badge or accuracy boost. It's nice to have things in game that many haven't achieved yet but that can be done by players at any level.

6 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Why don't we just have an option to move a step in the quest as a shop item? lol.

There are alot of people who have done the quest, try harder.

This is kind of like buying an uber pro char. IIRC, you said bought your char after all the break quests were done by SOMEONE else ;)

6 hours ago, stannard said:

I've put numerous amount of hours into these quests on several chars, completed start to finish all weapons and armor quest, first and second in 18 months. its not that hard if you put the time in. maybe just try fight in the armor/weapons instead of just doing dailies in 8 minutes and say 'oh it won't break'. think the cape is a bad idea personally.

I love it how people seem to know how long someone has been trying to break something. 2 years on damaged red dragon armor is just a drop in the bucket and not just doing dailies. 

Edited by RipTide

Disclaimer: I have done the Break Quests:

I like the idea, and the item would be useful on luxin cloth breaking too. so a person buying it will probably use it a lot

As for the Breaking quests it took me years and days and days of pvp against others on day of more tears, or when my astro was very good for breaking to get it done. Most breaks happend when i did not like and not on items i liked (mainly in instances) and not on those training sessions when i tried to break things.

A extra percentage on breaking chance is not a bad idea, because those few quests take simply to long. and yes i am aware that it was kind a point that people not do it in a day

18 hours ago, RipTide said:

This is kind of like buying an uber pro char. IIRC, you said bought your char after all the break quests were done by SOMEONE else ;)

Yeah exactly. I wouldn't have the patience of trying to break the armors for months. But unlike you, I wouldn't come here and complain and ask for new item for $$.

Wink wink.

On 03/11/2020 at 12:34 AM, RipTide said:

I love it how people seem to know how long someone has been trying to break something. 2 years on damaged red dragon armor is just a drop in the bucket and not just doing dailies. 

It wasn't aimed directly at you. Many players ingame hardly even try break armor and when they do, possibly for like 1 session every now and again, and moan oh ive been on this item for 2 years.... takes alot more than every now and again or just dailies to break your armor. try go yeti 7 days in a row 3-4 sessions a day and see how many items you break. i bet the results show more effective. :P