Eternal Lands Official Forums
squiz

Alt key on linux client with German keyboard

Clicking Alt-LeftMouseButton on an item in the inventory is supposed to put all of that item to storage. This doesn't work on my system with the standard Alt key to the left of the keyboard. Instead I have to click the AltGr button, which is to the right of the spacebar on my German keyboard. Strangely Alt works for other commands, such as Alt-s sit/stand.

I had a look at the key.ini file, but can't find any likely settings that might affect this.

System information

I am running on Debian with the package version 1.9.5.8-15debian1. 

The setxkbmap command gives the following:

setxkbmap -query 
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     de
variant:    nodeadkeys

I have not altered my key.ini settings.

Did you check your config file for whatever your window manager is?  I had the same problem (couldn't use alt key to easily get the item to storage) and it turns out that the alt key in openbox was bound to a few things I never used.  I just removed those entries.   My file location was /home/sb/.config/openbox/rc.xml   (Arch linux).

Which version of the client are you using?  Platform and build version, or if built from source, approximately when?

11 hours ago, bluap said:

Which version of the client are you using?  Platform and build version, or if built from source, approximately when?

As I said above, I am using the one available with the package 1.9.5.8-15debian1.

#ver gives the following:

Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5-20200906.0003

19 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Did you check your config file for whatever your window manager is?  I had the same problem (couldn't use alt key to easily get the item to storage) and it turns out that the alt key in openbox was bound to a few things I never used.  I just removed those entries.   My file location was /home/sb/.config/openbox/rc.xml   (Arch linux).

Thanks Aislinn. I am using LXDE, which uses openbox as a window manager. in my file ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml I commented out the following under <mouse>:

<!-- eternal lands
    <mousebind button="A-Left" action="Press">
      <action name="Focus"/>
      <action name="Raise"/>
    </mousebind>
    <mousebind button="A-Left" action="Click">
      <action name="Unshade"/>
    </mousebind>
    <mousebind button="A-Left" action="Drag">
      <action name="Move"/>
    </mousebind>
-->

This fixed it. Alt-LeftClick works now.

7 hours ago, squiz said:

As I said above, I am using the one available with the package 1.9.5.8-15debian1.

#ver gives the following:

Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5-20200906.0003

Sorry, didn't see the version,  Glad you got it working.

I switched to KDE and had the same problem. This was resolved by going to System settings - Window Behavior - Window Actions and changing the action for Alt - Left click to Do nothing. It would probably also work to change the modifier key from Alt to Meta (the Windows key).

Maybe this helps others.