Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nogrod

Cannot retrieve items from bag on ground after switching view

I'm not sure when I first encountered this but I've been seeing it with recent client code.

When standing on an open bag on the ground, if I switch the view to tab map or console and I switch back to world view, I cannot retrieve items from the ground bag.  I am able to retrieve items after I take any of the following actions:

• Close and reopen bag
  • Put any item into the bag
  • Walk off the bag then back onto the bag

Edited by bluap

I do not have this issue. I used "get all" from the bag on the ground, manually picked them up using the pick up finger, and "get all" from inventory window. All worked for me both after using tab map and F1 console. Version 1.9.5p8.

1 hour ago, Aislinn said:

I do not have this issue. I used "get all" from the bag on the ground, manually picked them up using the pick up finger, and "get all" from inventory window. All worked for me both after using tab map and F1 console. Version 1.9.5p8.

Interesting. Do you know how recent your code is? For me #ver also shows Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5p8 but this value seems unchanged since an April commit. I know I've only started seeing this more recently, probably with one of my more recent git pulls.

I see this too, I'll investigate.  The version number defaults to the last release unless you use the GIT_VERSION compiler flag.  For a the cmake compile, you can specify the VERSION_PREFIX flag.  For dev builds I specify "1.9.5" and cmake adds the current date and time.

Fix committed.  The bug was introduced by a change I made in July.  Curious while Aislinn did see it, are you at the latest git head?

Edited by bluap

Figured it out.  I had alt w enabled, which opens windows in console.  When I turn that off, I have the same problem.