Eternal Lands Official Forums
GnD

Ip Bann

Hi 

Today I logged in with GnD but when I wanted to log in with my alt Keflin0 I got an IP bann. I found out when I logged in so when writing the password, several letters were not written. I wrote to Angler and he said that I should enter an automatic password in EL.ini so that it does not happen again. Could this mistake of my be corrected?

I see a lot of failed password attempts, which would lead to the server automatically banning your IP as a safety precaution.  But I don't see your IP on the server's banned list.  Was this issue fixed for you already?

I wrote to Angler and he said that I should enter an automatic password in EL.ini so that it does not happen again. Could this mistake of my be corrected?

Sorry to Post in this Section but since the upper quote was written, i felt i had to contribrute something essistencial for all who read the thread.

Saving a password in el.ini is not a good way to do it. Nobody should use this way anymore.  Better you get the newest Client from the Post linked below and Enable there the Password manager.

You can use the new Clients Password Manager which is found under Options -> Server -> Enable Password Manager, which can store all passwords for all your Chars of this game in a save and sane way.

Of course since the Data connection between game and client is not SSL secured the password will be transmitted unprotected over the network too. So do not use passwords for your Chars that you use anywhere else