Eternal Lands Official Forums
Baba_Hanouna

User data from Windows to Linux

Which version/build of the client are you using on Linux?

I see you're using the PPA on Mint.  So ~/.elc/main/ is the correct destination to copy the files.  I presume you are using a file manager to copy / paste the files - that should just work. In what way does that not work?

Edited by bluap

Were you running a 32-bit windows version and now a 64-bit Linux version?  If so some of the files are not compatible.  Otherwise, they should work.  Later (dev) versions of the client replace these formats with text files (.json) that are compatible.

I had an issue with the spellbar too, but figured I messed it up myself somehow. In my case, the coordinates were reset to 0,0, so the spellbar ended up in the top left corner of the screen (under the "Channels" button if you use tabbed chat). I fixed it by disabling tabbed chat, enabling the quickbar menu, right clicking on a  spell, and selecting "Reset position".

Both are the same Version 1.9.8 64 bit

Today I launch EL as usual on Linux and... tada...: Note: storage categories need to be learnt by selecting each category.

15 hours ago, Baba_Hanouna said:

The receipe now work, I forgott to copy item_lists... But for the spell quickbar it just doesn't appear left from inventory slots on the right of the EL Window.

I tried to copy item_lists.txt and item_categories.txt to the data folder AND /.elc/main again, but didn't work

2 hours ago, Baba_Hanouna said:

Today I launch EL as usual on Linux and... tada...: Note: storage categories need to be learnt by selecting each category.

That's fine, just open storage and select each category in turn.  This will generate item_categories.txt for you.

Edited by bluap

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.