Eternal Lands Official Forums
warzard

Health change indicator

Hi, 

As there have been a few new suggestions recently with the new client updates, I thought I'd contribute one of my own here. I tend to watch these numbers down below when I'm trying to figure out how much my maximum mirror damage is, or maximum critical damage from a particular monster, instead of watching the floating numbers above my character as it's harder to see which numbers belong to which player. I realize now that this could be fixed by turning off others' health information in instance mode, but could these numbers be displayed all the time and not just while cursor is over the health bar on bottom?

Thank you for all the work that's gone into the client and the new quality of life features!

Capture d’écran, le 2020-05-20 à 14.20.07.png

Edited by warzard
suggestion underlined

While we are at it, can we modify the "taken damage" height or an option to make it higher or lower, or darker in colour, or have some kind of bold/glowy effect?

Height is: when you are in instance mode, you can make your hp bar/numbers higher but it's hard to keep track since the damage on you is shown at a very low level (at least it's hard for me :P )

Also, if we can change the damage taken colour, it would be really great to differ from mobs and players, like golden colour would be great. :P 

Yes to all three of Kaddy's ideas too!

And can we make the harm message include the amount of damage we did?  Is that part of the same idea?  I can't see that info ever, either.

No idea how anybody can see any of this information in a battle as it stands now.  I know I can't.

On 24.05.2020 at 4:56 PM, Kaddy said:

While we are at it, can we modify the "taken damage" height or an option to make it higher or lower, or darker in colour, or have some kind of bold/glowy effect?

Height is: when you are in instance mode, you can make your hp bar/numbers higher but it's hard to keep track since the damage on you is shown at a very low level (at least it's hard for me :P )

Also, if we can change the damage taken colour, it would be really great to differ from mobs and players, like golden colour would be great. :P 

@bluap any chance of these improvements?

While I'm thinking about it, comes to my mind;

Can we have an option to disable color-adaptive health bar/numbers for other players/mobs in instance mode? And also have a chance to select a color for it?

I've switch the health change text to use the normal UI font rather than the small font.  There is also an option to keep it active even when not hovering your mouse over the health bar.  While you are switched to the map or console window or have some console text, the health information only shows when you hover again.

I'll have a look at the second part Kaddy asked about.

Edited by bluap

On 24/05/2020 at 2:56 PM, Kaddy said:

The damage / heal floating messages are just above your character's banner in non-instance mode.  So would just moving them to the equivalently for instance more be good enough?  That is, for both modes, they would appear just above your character's banner.

1 hour ago, bluap said:

The damage / heal floating messages are just above your character's banner in non-instance mode.  So would just moving them to the equivalently for instance more be good enough?  That is, for both modes, they would appear just above your character's banner.

This would be great.

Can you have a look at being able to disable color change on health bars? Or being able to change taken/done damage to mobs/players colors seperately?

4 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Can you have a look at being able to disable color change on health bars? Or being able to change taken/done damage to mobs/players colors seperately?

Disabling the colour change is fine.   Setting different colours is also fine but when the colour changes is not disabled, it becomes complex to change a user specified colour.

I've committed the changes for the banner height and an option to disable the colour change on health and mana bars.  I'll see what I can do about the colour options.

Edited by bluap

I have downloaded and updated the new GIT.

Disabling color change is fine, but what I really wanted is to disable it for players/mobs individually. I mean, when I want to disable the dynamic color change, I still want my health bar to change dynamicly. The purpose of this request is for people to keep track of their hp's in a much better manner especially in high populated invasions etc. In my scenerio, everything would be green and my bar would be to orange/red etc.

EDIT# Also, right now with height increase upon banner + instance mode, the damage shown is WAAAY too high. I think being able to adjust its height would be much better.

Edited by Kaddy

11 hours ago, Kaddy said:

I have downloaded and updated the new GIT.

Disabling color change is fine, but what I really wanted is to disable it for players/mobs individually. I mean, when I want to disable the dynamic color change, I still want my health bar to change dynamicly. The purpose of this request is for people to keep track of their hp's in a much better manner especially in high populated invasions etc. In my scenerio, everything would be green and my bar would be to orange/red etc.

EDIT# Also, right now with height increase upon banner + instance mode, the damage shown is WAAAY too high. I think being able to adjust its height would be much better.

OK.  Just to be absolutely sure, which of these:

1. One option to disable the change for creatures, but not for you or any other player.
  2. Or, one option to display the change for creatures and other players, but not for you.

There is already a height control for the banner in instance mode.  You want a separate height control for the damage rather than be relative to the banner?

On 7/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, bluap said:

I've switch the health change text to use the normal UI font rather than the small font.  There is also an option to keep it active even when not hovering your mouse over the health bar.  While you are switched to the map or console window or have some console text, the health information only shows when you hover again.

This is great, thank you very much!  Normal sized font is perfect and I love it showing without having to hover over it.

• Regarding using the banner height for damage/counters: that works great for me.
  • Apparently I didn't understand correctly what Kaddy wanted about the different color health bars. I thought he was asking for the damage we do to other creatures be in a different color for ourselves so we can separate out our own damage done to a boss, for example, when in a multi-combat map.  Can this be done?
  • Can the amount of harm from harm spell cast be posted to text like "You recovered 272 material points" is?

Okay, I'll explain one by one, as simple as I can;

- Option to disable dynamic for ALL others but my character. This is for invasioning, all other players or mobs would be green health bar, so when your hp is low, you can see much more easier.

- Option to disable dynamic for only mobs but players. This is for instancing, mobs would be green but it would give you ability to realize your team member's hps are down so you can act.

- Ability to change color of taken damage to only my character. Especially in the times of Iglow, there are alot of damage all around the players so you can differ the damage ON YOUR CHAR easier.

- Ability to change height of TAKEN DAMAGE on my char, along side of height of banner (which you already can with instance mode). I use instance mode and keep the height of my banner just around the damage height so I can keep track of both easier. With the latest change, you increase the height of banner and the damage taken goes really high.

- Ability to change color of the health bar of MY CHAR, lets say golden, so all others are green and you can differ your hp bar easier. This would be amazing if we could use it like when you are full hp, it is golden (or any color we want) and when it starts to go down, goes orange, red, dark red etc. Like dynamic but just with different color setup (like you can in excel :D )

I have a dream :P

14 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Okay, I'll explain one by one, as simple as I can;

- Option to disable dynamic for ALL others but my character. This is for invasioning, all other players or mobs would be green health bar, so when your hp is low, you can see much more easier.

- Option to disable dynamic for only mobs but players. This is for instancing, mobs would be green but it would give you ability to realize your team member's hps are down so you can act.

- Ability to change color of taken damage to only my character. Especially in the times of Iglow, there are alot of damage all around the players so you can differ the damage ON YOUR CHAR easier.

- Ability to change height of TAKEN DAMAGE on my char, along side of height of banner (which you already can with instance mode). I use instance mode and keep the height of my banner just around the damage height so I can keep track of both easier. With the latest change, you increase the height of banner and the damage taken goes really high.

- Ability to change color of the health bar of MY CHAR, lets say golden, so all others are green and you can differ your hp bar easier. This would be amazing if we could use it like when you are full hp, it is golden (or any color we want) and when it starts to go down, goes orange, red, dark red etc. Like dynamic but just with different color setup (like you can in excel :D )

I have a dream :P

Hopefully part of what you wanted:

• Added variable height option for the floating heal/damage messages in instance mode. Previously, it was a fixed hight above the banner.
  • There are now three options to disable the banner colour change:
    • For yourself, the health and mana display.
    • For other players, the health display.
    • For creatures, the health display.

I'm still thinking about being able to have alternative colours.

2 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Sounds quite good.

Can you update builds on GIT please?

ty

Done.  I'll update the thread information later.