Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Client changes since 1.9.5p8 - to be kept up to date

On 18/08/2020 at 7:08 PM, Kaddy said:

Something like

#reset_res should be good to swap back to original (same as client opening size)

#set_res xxxx yyy to switch to desired 

#save_res to set the current resolution as user defined and auto-select "user defined" resolution for further openings.

#show_res to see current resolution to give an idea what a desired resolution should be

I've committed changes to add these four commands.

How about adding an el installer version to the download versions. I know a few people who would love to try the new clients out but am afraid to extract things into the right folders or do anything but use installers or by having an experienced user next to them.

On 23.5.2020 at 6:02 PM, bluap said:

5 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

How about adding an el installer version to the download versions. I know a few people who would love to try the new clients out but am afraid to extract things into the right folders or do anything but use installers or by having an experienced user next to them.

For windows, with the exec+dll zip files I provide for windows, you just need to extract the zip into the EL data directory.  For the static Linux binary, just replace the existing one.  For Linux deb, snap and flatpak, just use the dev versions as its all done via normal updates.  In any case, I'll make some full packages soon.

Could someone explain how this multiple / differnt settings being saved on all chars works please. Mine doesnt seem to wanna save each one differntly.

thanks

5 hours ago, Joe said:

Could someone explain how this multiple / differnt settings being saved on all chars works please. Mine doesnt seem to wanna save each one differntly.

thanks

Hi Joe, which settings in particular are you referring to?  Some examples:

• The questlog, counters, quickspells, and channel colours save per character by default.
  • For item lists, right-click in the bottom (list) window and select "Use lists just for this character".
  • For the notepad, right-click the "Save Notes" button and select "Use notepad just for this character".
  • To enable saving character name / passwords for each character, you need to go to the options window, server tab and set the "Enable Password Manager" setting.
  • To enable specific options per character in the options window, right-click the option description and set the "Manage value just for the character."

Note, the options per character in the options window is only available if you have "Use New Format To Save User Files (.json)" enabled.

Edited by bluap