Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Client changes since 1.9.5p8 - to be kept up to date

On 21/07/2020 at 7:41 PM, dragon_killer said:

Just downloaded new client works great, will take some time until I get used to the new font I guess good job as usual

Also I am not sure if it's only me but I am having issue with trade window display

How's this:

trade_align.png

Edited by bluap

5 hours ago, dragon_killer said:

Looks very neat, did you just do the .exe now? or do I need to enable some options

No exec built just yet, but I'll do one when I resolve a scaling issue with this change.

4 hours ago, dragon_killer said:

Thanks looks much better :)

Also what font are you using?

Good news. I'm using the Ubuntu fonts. The mono regular in this case.

Hi bluap!

I'm trying to help someone install the new client but I can't find all of the text files needed.  Is it possible for you to make a link for them in your posts, and include it in every update you do? (And a comment about which folder/directory they go in would be great, too.)  Somebody looking for the first time isn't going to know where to find them.

Needed: 

item_extra_info.txt

item_knowledge_info.txt

I thought there was another .txt but I can't find it and forgot what it was.

cursors2.dds (and where does this go?)

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Hi bluap!

I'm trying to help someone install the new client but I can't find all of the text files needed.  Is it possible for you to make a link for them in your posts, and include it in every update you do? (And a comment about which folder/directory they go in would be great, too.)  Somebody looking for the first time isn't going to know where to find them.

Needed: 

item_extra_info.txt

item_knowledge_info.txt

I thought there was another .txt but I can't find it and forgot what it was.

cursors2.dds (and where does this go?)

Thank you!

I'm assuming people are using the last release data zip.  There wasn't one for p8 but here is the p7 file.

In addition to that update, the are the following new or changed files.

Would it be possible to have a command to change the window resolution without having to go through the options, something along the lines of #change_resolution1 or whatever, (I could alias it then), reason being that often I resize the el window accidentally or when I need to quickly change the resolution for different purpose, when harvesting or such.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, dragon_killer said:

Would it be possible to have a command to change the window resolution without having to go through the options, something along the lines of #change_resolution1 or whatever, (I could alias it then), reason being that often I resize the el window accidentally or when I need to quickly change the resolution for different purpose, when harvesting or such.

Thanks

This is a good idea. 

Also along these lines, is it possible to have some way (a command would work) that after we drag our windows around as we like them, we can save those dimensions into the "Userdefined" Video Mode so it sticks?  Currently, as far as I can find, it's a huge time-consuming trial and error procedure to do Userdefined.

Something like

#reset_res should be good to swap back to original (same as client opening size)

#set_res xxxx yyy to switch to desired 

#save_res to set the current resolution as user defined and auto-select "user defined" resolution for further openings.

#show_res to see current resolution to give an idea what a desired resolution should be

How do these sound?

Edited by Kaddy

20 minutes ago, Kaddy said:

Something like

#reset_res should be good to swap back to original (same as client opening size)

#set_res xxxx yyy to switch to desired 

#save_res to set the current resolution as user defined and auto-select "user defined" resolution for further openings.

How do these sound?

The problem is getting the numbers to save in the first place.  I know the size/shape I want any particular client, and it is easy to drag the sides to get what I want, but I don't know what those numbers are to save it without a LOT of trial and error of just picking numbers out of a hat and adjusting until I get it right.

Edit: Kaddy edited while I was posting and included how to get those numbers. :)

Some of the resolution changing stuff is already there.  For example, to set the video mode to 1920x1080@32 enter this command at the console:

%video_mode=28

All options can be changed in this way and you can add them to user menus or text aliases as normal.  It been like that forever! You can also toggle options, for example:

%view_knowledge_bar=!

However, you cannot read get current values this way. For video settings, you cannot set or get the current size set by dragging to edges to resize. Perhaps it time to re-think the video screen settings since we can now set the size by dragging the window boarders.

Edit: Also, the latest update enables you to save options per characters.....

Edited by bluap

Excellent effort.  Well done and thank you :)

It's probably going to take hours to try all the true type fonts and find one I like!

The only niggle I have is that the mini map doesn't stay where I left it when I restart the client.  Isn't that what "pin mini map" is supposed to do? [edit: this only seems to happen when I leave the minimap  in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, otherwise Pin works as expected]

Edited by terrier
extra information

13 hours ago, terrier said:

The only niggle I have is that the mini map doesn't stay where I left it when I restart the client.  Isn't that what "pin mini map" is supposed to do? [edit: this only seems to happen when I leave the minimap  in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, otherwise Pin works as expected]

It should restore to where is was before in all cases.  There use to be issues with closing while you had the window resized compared to the starting size but that should be fixed for most cases with recent versions (from 25 July).  When the main window is resized, the client moves windows like the minimap proportionally.  For example if located at the bottom right before fully screening, it will be moved to the bottom right after fully screen.  On exit, the window positions are restored to where they would be on restart.

8 hours ago, terrier said:

I have now sorted my storage items alphabetically.  In the animal category "bones" is at the end!:huh:

That is probably because you do not have item IDs set to 1?  Use of item IDs is need to tell the difference between items that share the same image.  Use the "#item_uid" command until the output is 1.  Then change back and forth between categories and it should sort as expected.

12 hours ago, bluap said:

That is probably because you do not have item IDs set to 1?  Use of item IDs is need to tell the difference between items that share the same image.  Use the "#item_uid" command until the output is 1.  Then change back and forth between categories and it should sort as expected.

Yup, that's fixed it :)

Cheers mate.

11 hours ago, terrier said:

The spacing in the quest log appears to be "not optimal":

What option have I missed this time? :wacko:

Not sure how it got like that.  Did it start like that when you got the message from the NPC?  Did it happen when you were changing fonts or font size?  Further information would be very useful.

12 hours ago, bluap said:

Not sure how it got like that.  Did it start like that when you got the message from the NPC?  Did it happen when you were changing fonts or font size?  Further information would be very useful.

Hmm, it looks like new entries are okay.  So, it must have been caused by me messing about with the fonts (had to my fault :brooding:) Is there any easy way to reset the quest log?

9 hours ago, terrier said:

Hmm, it looks like new entries are okay.  So, it must have been caused by me messing about with the fonts (had to my fault :brooding:) Is there any easy way to reset the quest log?

Messing with the fonts should not cause this so it is a bug, not your fault.  I can't reproduce it currently but it would be useful if there were steps to reproduce.