Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Client changes since 1.9.5p8 - to be kept up to date

3 hours ago, ladrilho said:

Would it be possible to display the selected font when you open the options?

Done in Git.

I've produced new builds (see links at the top of this thread) with all the latest improvements to the TTF feature.

8 hours ago, bluap said:

I've produced new builds (see links at the top of this thread) with all the latest improvements to the TTF feature.

hey Bluap, does it include the other thread changes? Damage and banner height etc

@Grum

I'm not sure I like the commit today of "Tidy up map window.".  While is its true the the previous behaviour gave a stretched appearance, it also have better separation of marks for busy maps.  Now everything is a little small on my system (1080p on this laptop).  This is just my opinion, and we should see what other say but I thought I'd let you know.  Edit: I just showed my wife who also plays.  She says its fine so what do I know.

Also, the login screen username/password text is still not right IMHO.  The shadow is too much on the old fixed fonts and it merges the letters into each other on the TT fonts I'm using.

Edited by bluap

11 hours ago, bluap said:

it also have better separation of marks for busy maps

Well, yes and no. If things did not overlap previously, they should not do so now, as it is only the stretching that is removed. Things may look a little smaller though, that is true.

11 hours ago, bluap said:

Also, the login screen username/password text is still not right IMHO.  The shadow is too much on the old fixed fonts and it merges the letters into each other on the TT fonts I'm using.

I agree, this is still a paint point. I will have a look to see if I can find a more satisfactory solution.

I've added a semi-transparent black outline around the font, similar to the one around the default font. This seems to help with the washout, but I've now spent so much time staring at the login screen I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore :) Let me know if this works for you, as this is only tested on a high-res screen.

Edited by Grum

7 hours ago, Grum said:

I've added a semi-transparent black outline around the font, similar to the one around the default font. This seems to help with the washout, but I've now spent so much time staring at the login screen I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore :) Let me know if this works for you, as this is only tested on a high-res screen.

That looks much better, better for both TTF and non-TTF.  The map window is fine too.  Probably just takes getting use to the difference.  Thanks for following up.

Edited by bluap

22 hours ago, bluap said:

@Grum

I'm not sure I like the commit today of "Tidy up map window.".  While is its true the the previous behaviour gave a stretched appearance, it also have better separation of marks for busy maps.  Now everything is a little small on my system (1080p on this laptop).  This is just my opinion, and we should see what other say but I thought I'd let you know.  Edit: I just showed my wife who also plays.  She says its fine so what do I know.

I'm having trouble with tab maps now.  I don't know if this is part of this comment.   My location blue X on tab map isn't where I actually am standing, and when I click to mapwalk, the red x goes somewhere else. 

Hmm, it works here. Are your map marks in the correct position, or are they also off? What window size are you using?

4 minutes ago, Grum said:

Hmm, it works here. Are your map marks in the correct position, or are they also off? What window size are you using?

The map marks seem to be in the correct positions.  Window size is Userdefined of 1024x864.  Also I often resize on the fly, if that matters for anything.

Also of note, even though the red x goes screwy off the map when I pick a spot, I seem to walk to where I wanted to walk, but the blue x indicating my location is wrong.

16 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

The map marks seem to be in the correct positions.  Window size is Userdefined of 1024x864.  Also I often resize on the fly, if that matters for anything.

Also of note, even though the red x goes screwy off the map when I pick a spot, I seem to walk to where I wanted to walk, but the blue x indicating my location is wrong.

I'm not seeing the issue with the X but it does not rescale when you change the window size, you have to restart which is a problem.

2 minutes ago, bluap said:

I'm not seeing the issue with the X but it does not rescale when you change the window size, you have to restart which is a problem.

I've always done this so if it was a problem before, it was minimal enough that I didn't notice, or thought it was one of those weird times when "it" won't let you click precisely where you want to.

The X's problem should be fixed now.

7 minutes ago, bluap said:

How do you mean? The tab map seems to resize just fine when I change the video mode.

1 hour ago, Grum said:

The X's problem should be fixed now.

How do you mean? The tab map seems to resize just fine when I change the video mode.

For me, if you resize the main window while the tab map is open, it does not resize until you close then reopen the tab map window.

This fixes it for me:

diff --git a/mapwin.c b/mapwin.c
index 9e7ffc17..b0d5bc15 100644
--- a/mapwin.c
+++ b/mapwin.c
@@ -220,6 +220,7 @@ static int resize_map_root_handler(window_info *win, int width, int height)
 {
        if (get_show_window(win->window_id))
                init_hud_interface (HUD_INTERFACE_GAME);
+       reload_tab_map = 1;
        return 1;
 }

Edited by bluap

Ah, I see, when you resize by dragging the window border. Hitting Tab twice also fixes the map size, so no need to restart the client. Your fix is essentially the same as closing and reopening, I think. I think it's fine as is, the texture is reloaded which is strictly speaking unnecessary, but it's cached anyway, and when you are resizing your window with the Tab map open I guess frame rate is not a vital issue.

Oh you mean if you resize by dragging if the tab map is open?  Yes that happens but a simple F1 and back works for me to make it normal.  I had never done that, it was always in regular mode when I dragged the edges.

I've done new builds which are up to date with Git as of today (see links at the top of this thread).

Update the build again with fixes for the storage sort bugs.

Edit: Another round of builds to fix an issue introduced above, with items dragged to storage only working once per selection.

Edited by bluap

Two issues I notice and it just happened recently:

1. I can't go between tab map and F1 anymore.  I can do main screen to tab and back again, I can do F1 to main and back again, but I can't go tab to F1 anymore.  I can go from F1 to tab, though (but not back again).

2. My map marks seem to be gone on my tab maps.  Is there a path to tab maps that might have been changed with one of these most recent client changes?  It seems like I'm accessing a different set of maps, such as maybe an alt's?  I have my alts with their own server in servers.lst, and they each have their own set of marker files.  I've done this for years and never had an issue until just recently.  I do see all my markers in main screen. Update on this: It seems to have something to do with ctrl f but I can't replicate it and still one or two markers did show up. Now I can't make them go away again with ctrl f.  I don't know if this is a new problem with the new client or something else going on.

2 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Two issues I notice and it just happened recently:

1. I can't go between tab map and F1 anymore.  I can do main screen to tab and back again, I can do F1 to main and back again, but I can't go tab to F1 anymore.  I can go from F1 to tab, though (but not back again).

2. My map marks seem to be gone on my tab maps.  Is there a path to tab maps that might have been changed with one of these most recent client changes?  It seems like I'm accessing a different set of maps, such as maybe an alt's?  I have my alts with their own server in servers.lst, and they each have their own set of marker files.  I've done this for years and never had an issue until just recently.  I do see all my markers in main screen. Update on this: It seems to have something to do with ctrl f but I can't replicate it and still one or two markers did show up. Now I can't make them go away again with ctrl f.  I don't know if this is a new problem with the new client or something else going on.

Nothing like that has been changed.  For me TAB->F1->TAB all works as it always has.  Though just to check, from the console, F1 returns to the main screen window.  From a tab map, TAB returns to the main screen.  To go from console to tab-map, you press TAB. To go from tab-map to console, you press F1.

All my marks are there as I'd expect and ctrl-f works as expected.  The only thing related is that the new way to display the tab maps now requires a font size of around 1.0 rather than my previous 0.3 for map marks.

Edited by bluap

1 hour ago, bluap said:

Nothing like that has been changed.  For me TAB->F1->TAB all works as it always has.  Though just to check, from the console, F1 returns to the main screen window.  From a tab map, TAB returns to the main screen.  To go from console to tab-map, you press TAB. To go from tab-map to console, you press F1.

All my marks are there as I'd expect and ctrl-f works as expected.  The only thing related is that the new way to display the tab maps now requires a font size of around 1.0 rather than my previous 0.3 for map marks.

Thanks for checking into it.  I recompiled, did a pacman -Syu, rebooted, and everything works perfectly normal.  No idea what the issue was but it was at my end and is now "fixed".  Sorry for the false alarm!  :blush:

40 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Thanks for checking into it.  I recompiled, did a pacman -Syu, rebooted, and everything works perfectly normal.  No idea what the issue was but it was at my end and is now "fixed".  Sorry for the false alarm!  :blush:

No problem, good news.

Just downloaded new client works great, will take some time until I get used to the new font I guess good job as usual

Also I am not sure if it's only me but I am having issue with trade window display

elscreen135.png

Edited by dragon_killer
additonial answer