Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raserei

New Player - Day 12ish Suggestions

I just watched this interview and I just want to elaborate a few low level player things I would like to see.

1.) Low level monsters need more spawns and/or more mini-caves that have good monster density. I find myself roaming a lot more than killing. Some spots are decent, like northern desert pines in the woods is a small areas with reasonable spawns but a zone like White Stone, you kill 1 mob then run 2 minutes before you kill another. Would be cool to have more spawns but also a bunch more mini-caves (Kinda like rat cave in noob island) for monsters like white rabbits/beavers/brownies/skunks/wood sprites/deer...    Same goes for monsters like male goblins. There is that gold cave in Valley of the Dwarves, its a 1-man camp spot and its usually taken. Tested Naralik, again, camped... There is just not enough spawns even though the playerbase is low. (Some games use channels to help with this but adding more spawns or adding more caves would do the trick)

2.) Horse Rental as another option. Daily/Monthly/yearly rental.  The current dropped horses are 15000 steps which could be changed to 1 day. Then if you want monthly/yearly, could be cash shop only. So you can still find horses as drops but if you want the convenience of a longer duration you can pay more for it.

3.) A way to "note" items for purposes of selling. Runescape uses this so if you have 900000 iron for example, you simply note it and it has no use other than for trading. So in Eternal Lands, if you note an item, the only use for the item would be to trade or sell to the NPC until you un-note it (deposit into bank). I'm starting to craft in bulk, if I had for example, 1000 leather helmets. If I want to sell to NPC, I have to run 1 inventory at a time until sold.This is an example of how combat is way better than crafting for gold. Combat you just attack all day and get drops. Crafting, you do marathon runs to harvest, then another marathon to mix, then another marathon to sell 1 inventory at a time to NPC.

4.) A repeatable quest (not daily) for gold only reward.

Examples: 

Kill 50 rabbits, rats, beavers, etc... for X gold.

Reasoning: When I started playing, it felt like the only way to earn gold was to sell drops to the NPC but the drops were also used for crafting. It felt bad because I also wanted to craft. If there was a repeatable quest, it would grant another way to earn gold as well as give direction. Don't know what to do next? Well, do more repeatables! Then you can use that gold on crafting or buying potions. 

You should start asking more questions rather than giving us ideas :)

And you just made the biggest sin, compared EL to Runescape lmao. I hope you can keep playing EL.

I am going to keep playing. Good game. B)

I also play other games though but right now I'm 100% focused on Eternal Lands.

You don't like these ideas?

15 hours ago, Raserei said:

I just watched this interview and I just want to elaborate a few low level player things I would like to see.

1.) Low level monsters need more spawns and/or more mini-caves that have good monster density. I find myself roaming a lot more than killing. Some spots are decent, like northern desert pines in the woods is a small areas with reasonable spawns but a zone like White Stone, you kill 1 mob then run 2 minutes before you kill another. Would be cool to have more spawns but also a bunch more mini-caves (Kinda like rat cave in noob island) for monsters like white rabbits/beavers/brownies/skunks/wood sprites/deer...    Same goes for monsters like male goblins. There is that gold cave in Valley of the Dwarves, its a 1-man camp spot and its usually taken. Tested Naralik, again, camped... There is just not enough spawns even though the playerbase is low. (Some games use channels to help with this but adding more spawns or adding more caves would do the trick)

Some Spawns are better then others, and some are hidden away.. Explore......

2.) Horse Rental as another option. Daily/Monthly/yearly rental.  The current dropped horses are 15000 steps which could be changed to 1 day. Then if you want monthly/yearly, could be cash shop only. So you can still find horses as drops but if you want the convenience of a longer duration you can pay more for it.

You can buy more then one at a time and they stack in inventory. Horses are not going to be changed.

3.) A way to "note" items for purposes of selling. Runescape uses this so if you have 900000 iron for example, you simply note it and it has no use other than for trading. So in Eternal Lands, if you note an item, the only use for the item would be to trade or sell to the NPC until you un-note it (deposit into bank). I'm starting to craft in bulk, if I had for example, 1000 leather helmets. If I want to sell to NPC, I have to run 1 inventory at a time until sold.This is an example of how combat is way better than crafting for gold. Combat you just attack all day and get drops. Crafting, you do marathon runs to harvest, then another marathon to mix, then another marathon to sell 1 inventory at a time to NPC.

Maybe you are doing it wrong.... think about it a little....is this the most effincent use of your time and resources?!?!?!

4.) A repeatable quest (not daily) for gold only reward.

Examples: 

Kill 50 rabbits, rats, beavers, etc... for X gold.

There is no lack of gc in game.. It is up to you to figure out how to bring value to the marketplace.

Reasoning: When I started playing, it felt like the only way to earn gold was to sell drops to the NPC but the drops were also used for crafting. It felt bad because I also wanted to craft. If there was a repeatable quest, it would grant another way to earn gold as well as give direction. Don't know what to do next? Well, do more repeatables! Then you can use that gold on crafting or buying potions. 

Keep learning about the game, plenty to do, plenty of grinding ahead of ya