Eternal Lands Official Forums
teacher

P8 crash

I've been running p8 for a few weeks now without problems. As of now when I launch client it crashes when I log in. Any info I can add that will be helpful to finding problem? I am able to connect to the test server but not main. The problem started when on mojave. I updated to catalina and still have same issue. I've tried launching in poorman and been able to log onto Teacher. But everytime I log into shantak I crash.

Edited by teacher

Guest Yoda

Hi, are you using MacBook pro or iMac? Also, I will bring this to the attention of Ben, he may be able to help guide you to those error logs and look for a diagnosis. I am sure you will have done this, but starting first - Have you deleted EL and re-downloaded?

I haven't used p8, so maybe this doesn't apply anymore but…

First thing worth checking is that 'Disable Gamma Adjustment' (Options->Video) is enabled (ie, that the game will not try to adjust gamma). If the game wont run long enough for you to adjust the setting then try editing your el.ini file (~/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/main/el.ini) and check for a line with:

#disable_gamma_adjust= 0

and if it is then change it to

#disable_gamma_adjust= 1

If it works connecting to test server but not main server, then it still seems likely something about the configuration. maybe move el.ini and el.cfg out of main folder so el creates fresh ones and see if it works then.

(i'm assuming that …/main/ is the config directory that your el is using, if you've changed things to something else then substitute whatever config folder is appropriate).

This is where seeing the stack trace info would be really helpful :)

Launch Console, and look under Reports, ~/Library/Logs, DiagnosticReports, and then for an EternalLands log with appropriate date/time (assuming they haven't rearranged stuff in that os version)

If you still have the old el.ini and el.cfg files, any chance you could send them to me and possibly Ben for diagnostics? If so contact us via PM.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.