Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest SunKing

Unable to log in but i KNOW there's people playing!

How far does starting the client get?

When you start the client, do not press any keys or click the mouse.  Do you see the console screen and the "Connecting to Server...." and the "Welcome to the new server!..." message? Or do you get some other message?  When you press a key or click the console, do you get the "Log In" screen?  If you try to login, do you get an error message?

While the client is still running, open a terminal type:

cat $HOME/.elc/log/main_*.log

Ignoring all the "...elconfig.c:1814" message (which we ought to remove), are there any error messages at end of the output?

Guest SunKing

It says "connecting to server" but nothing happens until i click, then the login screen opens but when i press enter or click on the login button, nothing happens, no error message.

I typed in the line above and it's come up with loads of Info:stuff but no error messages.

Guest SunKing

I don't know if this helps i thought i'd download el for my tablet, but that's doing the same thing too...

If you are not getting the ""Welcome to the new server!..." message, then its a connection issue I would think.  What do you get with this command at the Linux terminal?  (hopefully you have curl installed)

curl game.eternal-lands.com:2000 --output -

I get "Welcome to the new server! Please report any problems on channel 6." with a bit if non-ascii as it's a server message.

Perhaps more difficult on your tablet, but I've just realised it works in a browser too.  Just enter "game.eternal-lands.com:2000" into the address bar (not search of course).

Edited by bluap

You didn't say specifically what character you are trying to log in with, but assuming it's SunKing, you have been logging in through Learner's proxy since Feb 21.  (Why?) You then switched, again assuming, to your android on April 2?  Has it occurred to you to speak with Learner? 

1 hour ago, Aislinn said:

You didn't say specifically what character you are trying to log in with, but assuming it's SunKing, you have been logging in through Learner's proxy since Feb 21.  (Why?) You then switched, again assuming, to your android on April 2?  Has it occurred to you to speak with Learner? 

I don't know if the Android is setup to allow connecting through my Proxy, but my proxy is setup to accept it.

Guest SunKing

bluap,

i ran the curl thing and it says "curl: (52) Empty reply from server." and when i try to put that link into the address bar that page isn't working.

Aisleen & Learner,

I've been using the learner server because i've never got the main to run. The only reason I put it on my tablet was because eternal lands wasn't working on my laptop.

I still can't login even though i've reinstalled eternal lands.

After a while on the initial page it says <0:00> Disconnected from server

It's only EL that's stopping me going crazy at the moment!        Aaaaagggggghhhhhghhhh!

On 03/04/2020 at 12:06 AM, Guest SunKing said:

bluap,

i ran the curl thing and it says "curl: (52) Empty reply from server." and when i try to put that link into the address bar that page isn't working.

From what you said, it looks like your internet connect is blocking port 2000 which is the main game server.  Given this is effecting two of your devices, it is likely to be your ISP though it could be your own router/firewall.  Overcoming port 2000 being blocked is one of the reasons for Learners proxy.

Edited by bluap

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.