Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wizzy

Key binding to open the "Summoned Monster Behavior" menu

Would it be possible to add a key binding to open the "Summoned Monster Behavior" menu.  At the moment I believe it can only be opened with using the finger icon on a summoned mob. This is pretty awkward (at least to me)

21 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Would it be possible to add a key binding to open the "Summoned Monster Behavior" menu.  At the moment I believe it can only be opened with using the finger icon on a summoned mob. This is pretty awkward (at least to me)

Clicking the summoned creature sends a message to the server which sends a message back to the client to open the menu.  The client needs to send the actor ID of the summoned creature to make it work.  I can't see how you could work out which creature to use in a location with more than one choice.  It may be possible to record the IDs of creatures as you summon them.  The client you would have to look for the next new creature to be created shortly after the summon message so it could be wrong depending on timing.  If is OK to assume you want the menu for your last summoned creature, it could work OK.  Any other ideas?

18 minutes ago, dragon_killer said:

The summoning menu makes the change for all the summons creature you owns, not only the one you have selected.

I'm not high enough level to have used it so that's good to hear confirmed.  So, the latest summoned creature would be fine, or any creature you have summoned.  It would be interested to hear from Radu if there was an easier, more reliable way to do this server -side.

I've got a version of this working, any suggestions for a key binding to use by default?  We have so many already in use.

For now I've use CTRL+U (sUmmoned menU) and pushed the code to github.

Edited by bluap

the purple on black background the dialogue box for the commands is not the best contrast, not sure if thats user changeable in client files?

a control click onto a number while the box is open would be useful for speed 1-6

of something that might even by-pass the box if you know what the number related task is it could be activated when you have a summoned animal in play

ie cntrl z and 1-6

On 20/03/2020 at 1:17 AM, caladina said:

the purple on black background the dialogue box for the commands is not the best contrast, not sure if thats user changeable in client files?

a control click onto a number while the box is open would be useful for speed 1-6

of something that might even by-pass the box if you know what the number related task is it could be activated when you have a summoned animal in play

ie cntrl z and 1-6

Most of the content is sent by the server but some of the colours are set by the client.  I know Learner was making some changes to the OL client to enhance the popup menu and we have talked about sharing these between EL/OL.  Perhaps we could add the colours to the named_colours.xml file so they can be configured.  The hot keys and the by-pass of menu would be much trickier.

I've added colours for the popup menu system to the named colours list.  This is controlled using the named_colours.xml file in the data directory.  Here is an example of the new file.  You need to change the r, g, b values.  You can choose colours using a tool like the one on the w3schools site.  Once you have your set of colour values, divide each number by 255 to get the r, g, b values required for the named_colours.xml file.  The latest build have this change.

Edited by bluap