Eternal Lands Official Forums
caladina

#unmark not work on some sections of maps

Noticed quite some time ago that #unmark doesnt work on some parts of a map

Thought i'd mention it as its more annoying that desperately important but might be a simple fix?

don't even know if that is client side or my side (mac version)

i can remove the marked spots in logs

places in question are very bottom left of ida and lower section of pv near cedric

Edited by caladina

I have had that issue sometimes as well, and just chalked it up to not being able to get directly on the spot.  Sometimes I mark my spots with the #mark command, and sometimes I do it from tab map by doing right mouse click then just typing.  I didn't analyze it too much, just figured I must have tab-map marked in a way that I couldn't stand directly on the same spot when trying to use the unmark command.  You can also unmark by again going to tab map and clicking ctrl then right mouse click on that mark you made prior.

Could you be a bit more specific about the problem please.  Perhaps some coordinates and some #mark and #unmake examples.   #unmark takes a string parameter and removes the first mark it finds that matches the string. So far I can't reproduce any problem with it.

at location Palon Vertas  [230,61]

i used #mark 16:32

i use this time marker when i have killed an invdrag so i can see where it was when i come back, then i remove the mark after an hour 10 mins

as i use this across alot of the relevant invdrag maps i've only seen it happen on ida and pv

#unmark 16:32

at that location it doesn't remove the mark, no message either saying unmarked.

other map locations unremovable via #unmark

Palon Vertas  [203,85] (i have been able to remove marks from else where on the north of the map)

Idaloran  [75,42] few marks around that loc

being on the spot or not doesnt make a differance

mac version 1.9.5 , last mod 10 may 2016

if you really need it i can do a zone coverage of pv and see where the fault lines are

Edited by caladina

I cannot reproduce this or see why it would fail looking at the code; the position of the mark (x/y) is not used at all when doing #unmark.  I've examined and run the code for the base 1.9.5 version also and while there are minor changes for server marks it is fundamentally it the same code.  I'll keep looking but if there is anything unusual about this, please let me know.  For example if you use #markpos or #mark_color too.  1.9.5 was released May/June 2018, I assume a typo.

Edited by bluap

Oh, and I forgot to say, also check if you have included extra spaces after the mark string, for example "#make 16:30  " would not be unmarked with "#unmark 16:30".  Perhaps we should trim space from the mark string just in case.....

You could check if you have extra space by using the mark filter.

Edited by bluap

my fault, indeed i was putting a space after the text, i remember trying the space thing in front of the text when it happened ages ago, didnt think i might have automatically hit the s p a c e b a r

At least this post will solve a problem if anyone else did it.........................i go stand in the corner now

OK, thanks, I'm glad its resolved.  I'll have a look at trimming space anyway, that way we can avoid this happening in the future.

I don't have my marks anymore because I removed them the tab map way, but I would bet I probably did the same thing with the spaces.  It makes sense.

3 hours ago, Aislinn said:

I don't have my marks anymore because I removed them the tab map way, but I would bet I probably did the same thing with the spaces.  It makes sense.

OK, its certainly the simplest explanation.

The latest client builds trim white space from the end of #mark commands and from marks when load from file.