Eternal Lands Official Forums
BruSu

Toggle all positive perks on and off

there are situations in the game where it could be helpfull not to have  a positiv perk  -  for example mirror perk at the casty.

So it  would be nice to have the chance to  set it on  and off off as you can do  with the i glow perk

Actually, I never got Child of Stars perk because I *like* having negative harvest astro. Negative astro with a harv medallion can mean actually getting some harvesting done with minimal interruption. The perk during that situation is actually negative.

Would love to turn that off during red harv astro when harving.

I was just thinking that the other day with no more tears for people who want to do the break quest.  But I can definitely see mm perk, excavator sometimes, nmt, mirror, etc.  would be great to be toggleable.  Agree 100% on this.

Well, I showed this link to radu in-game and he said he doesn't like the idea but he did not elaborate on why not.  Sorry. :(

and getting caught in an invasion spawn of 50+ PW's  is a good way to glow yourself to death in seconds. A pw's self destruct can be the deadliest perk in the game if used properly. :devlish: A brick hunter's dream.

I totally understand radu's point for perks that can be traded for PP + gc for which removal stones are an option.

On the other hand, what about perks that are earned upon completion of a quest? Can these be removed? Burn brings up a good scenario so let's use Child of the Stars perk as an example.  If I obtain it and want to remove it, is there any way to get the perk back ever?

On 3/1/2020 at 4:27 PM, Entropy said:

Because the cost of the perks also reflects some slight disadvantages. If you don't like a perk, then remove it.

Well, it's not about liking or not liking the perk.  It's just that there are occasions when it's nicer to be able to turn it off for a brief moment or two.  Besides, pp's are pretty darn expensive, if you ask me.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:13 AM, Burn said:

Actually, I never got Child of Stars perk because I *like* having negative harvest astro. Negative astro with a harv medallion can mean actually getting some harvesting done with minimal interruption. The perk during that situation is actually negative.

Would love to turn that off during red harv astro when harving.

The child of stars perk is partly why I stopped harvesting except for food in field on maps with no bones and blue berries on IotF.