Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Report the Little Bugs Now for fixing in 1.9.6

Here we go again...

Work is in progress on maps and other data for a 1.9.6 release.

Random floating object? Walking inside of a tree somewhere? Are you floating too high over the ground?

If you've noticed any "little things" that seem buggy, please start reporting them here.

Note 1: This is not the place for suggestions or changes, just obvious mistakes.

Note 2: Remember to provide the map name and the exact coordinates (or as close as possible).

Note 3: Is the problem in a secret location? I know all the game secrets so if you can name it without giving away the entrance, fine. If not, PM here or in-game, or "/mercator tell burn".

Little things can include:

1- flickering of ground items when the camera rotates or while walking. (Please check with no shadows, if it's shadows causing it I can't really do anything. Also some flickering tends to be specific to certain computer setups or graphic cards, but I can check it at least.)

2- stepping a bit too far into a rock or building or such so that 50% or more of your character is inside the item in question. Basically it seems like you shouldn't be able to stand there.

Or similarly, it seems like you *should* be able to step somewhere but you can't.

3- Floating way too high or sinking way too low in spots. (Height marking is very limited compared to the 3d nature of most games, so "too high" should be defined as approximately half the size of a leather boot - note that sand/quicksand spots such as those in Bethel and Melinis are intentional as well.)

4- Unreachable harvestable items where they should be reachable. (This shouldn't be an issue anymore.)

I think you get the idea. Basically it must involve the map itself, anything else is beyond my ability to fix.

SECRET LOC? I know them all, just give the name and coords without providing how to enter it.

It may be a while before I respond here, but everything posted here WILL be checked and fixed as needed before it's time to do the 1.9.6 client release.

Edited by Burn

Is it possible to fix the caves in bethel - some of them you can click the cave on the ground and enter whilst up a ladder

You are in Bethel  [162,175]
You are up a ladder above a cave entry (ie cave is down the ladder) - click the cave entry - and you enter it instantly!

Makes fighting form the rocks 'interesting' :P

On 3/2/2020 at 9:02 PM, Lalaith said:

You are in Aeth Aelfan  [365,289]

You disappear in the wall.

Fixed for next release.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, Raz said:

Is it possible to fix the caves in bethel - some of them you can click the cave on the ground and enter whilst up a ladder

You are in Bethel  [162,175]
You are up a ladder above a cave entry (ie cave is down the ladder) - click the cave entry - and you enter it instantly!

Makes fighting form the rocks 'interesting' :P

"Hopefully" fixed for next release, that one cave at least. (Fix should work, if not there's nothing I can do.)

Any other caves will need to be pointed out.

Very delicate def-file work with all those mountain sides and caves.

Edited by Burn

In Portland, just outside storage.  You can see the sea but the tiles closer to the rocks show a blank tile.  It would be nicer if the water lapped up to the rocks.  Its the same in the space between the mountains.  If you stand at around 187,177, you can see the blank tiles between the mountains which could be water perhaps.

12 minutes ago, bluap said:

In Portland, just outside storage.  You can see the sea but the tiles closer to the rocks show a blank tile.  It would be nicer if the water lapped up to the rocks.  Its the same in the space between the mountains.  If you stand at around 187,177, you can see the blank tiles between the mountains which could be water perhaps.

Fixed and fixed. Never paid attention to it, think it was stuff left off to reduce objects back in the early days, but not an issue these days.

5 hours ago, Burn said:

Fixed and fixed. Never paid attention to it, think it was stuff left off to reduce objects back in the early days, but not an issue these days.

That was quick, thanks!

In CC, 140 81 is xaq's flowers. If you misclick and click the wall, you end up inside the cave. Can we get the door entrance narrowed down?

con2map12_insides

You are in  Aeth Aelfan - inside a house [58,75]

Windows floating off the wall, more than in other  houses.

Window sticking out of the fireplace.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:13 AM, RipTide said:

In CC, 140 81 is xaq's flowers. If you misclick and click the wall, you end up inside the cave. Can we get the door entrance narrowed down?

Fixed... moved a non-clickable rock to be behind the flowers. As long as you're clicking near the flower you shouldn't end up in there anymore, just avoid clicking closer to the door as the full rock it's connected to will still send you in.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, Nogrod said:

con2map12_insides

You are in  Aeth Aelfan - inside a house [58,75]

Windows floating off the wall, more than in other  houses.

Window sticking out of the fireplace.

Unfixable. :-/  The windows are part of the building object, which due to blender updates and such, only roja could possibly fix and maybe not even her at this point if she were around to do so.

5 hours ago, Burn said:

Fixed... moved a non-clickable rock to be behind the flowers. As long as you're clicking near the flower you shouldn't end up in there anymore, just avoid clicking closer to the door as the full rock it's connected to will still send you in.

Thank you!

At the risk of losing my favorite hidey hole:

map2

You are in White Stone - Grahm's Village [104,195]

If you sit down, you can completely disappear.

rock.png

Edited by Nogrod
Spelling

6 hours ago, Nogrod said:

At the risk of losing my favorite hidey hole:

map2

You are in White Stone - Grahm's Village [104,195]

If you sit down, you can completely disappear.

Fixed

You are in Nordcarn South Cave  [59,176]

Floating candle.

Already reported in another post.

Edited by Nogrod