Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Client Changes Since 1.9.5p6 - to be kept up to date

2 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Hi, Cntrl U is working for me, I tried both stones and natural summons before and it did not work, but like I said above, since I did this by holding it down, it works every time now with natural summons.

Sorry, just to clarify.  Do you still need to hold ctrl-U down while summoning for this to work?  Or does it work as intended, that after the summons, you can press ctrl_U and type to open the menu while the creature is in view?

2 hours ago, Wizzy said:

The copy crash happens even when the client is running a short time, and even just a single line of text.  It happens randomly, not every time I try to copy text. and as soon as I hit cntl C or the copy menu client crashes and closes.

Output from terminal when crash

X Error:  BadWindow
  Request Major code 25 ()
  ResourceID 0x4a00a63
  Error Serial #1037
  Current Serial #1041

OK, I'll see what I can find.  Do you know when this started happening? When you switched version for example?  Did it work OK with the snap package for previous versions?

2 hours ago, bluap said:

Sorry, just to clarify.  Do you still need to hold ctrl-U down while summoning for this to work?  Or does it work as intended, that after the summons, you can press ctrl_U and type to open the menu while the creature is in view?

It works as intended for me after now. At first it did not work for tank rabbits, or rats, But I tried holding down cntr U while summoning a rat and after this it worked as intended to.

The crash started happening when I installed snap P7  previous client was P2 installed from installer on website

On 25/04/2020 at 3:14 PM, Wizzy said:

The crash started happening when I installed snap P7  previous client was P2 installed from installer on website

I was able to reproduce this, it looks to be only an issue on Ubuntu 18.04.  It is due to an uncaught X11 error on that platform so will not effect Windows or MacOS, and apparently any other Linux.  Anyhow, I've fixed it.  If you do "sudo snap refresh" you should get the update (your system may have already updated).  The client still shows 1.9.5p7 but the "snap list eternallands" should show 1.9.5p7-1.

13 hours ago, bluap said:

I was able to reproduce this, it looks to be only an issue on Ubuntu 18.04.  It is due to an uncaught X11 error on that platform so will not effect Windows or MacOS, and apparently any other Linux.  Anyhow, I've fixed it.  If you do "sudo snap refresh" you should get the update (your system may have already updated).  The client still shows 1.9.5p7 but the "snap list eternallands" should show 1.9.5p7-1.

This seems to have resolved the crashing issue. No crashes since updated

Thank you

Wiz

One thing i found happening a lot with the new client version, the windows like trade, storage and inventory often open on the far right side of the  screen, really off the view. Is there not a way that they open at a spot in center or close to it because i think the problem is that we now can easily change the resolutions

This is indeed due to resizing the window (making it bigger in this case), then exiting while still resized.  When you restart the client it starts with the window size you have set in options.  I've considered modifying the window positions on exit, back to where there would be if you had resized to the windows size set in options.  I think that would fix this.

that would indeed solve the problem. I myself can actually live with it but i thought since i saw it happen to me and had others who asked about it too, it warrant a post :)