Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Client Changes Since 1.9.5p6 - to be kept up to date

Build links

New Features

• Added specific scaling factor for most windows.  Can be changed using in the font config window or ctrl+mouse wheel or ctrl+cursor keys.  Also, reset to default or initial value using crtl+home and ctrl+end.  Keys can be redefined in key.ini.
  • Modified config window set-up to allow rescaling without restart, now you just need to close and reopen the window.
  • New trouble shooting option to clear modifier keys when the window get focus.
  • Added a button to items window to show/hide the text message panel - allowing a smaller window.

• If possible, when we swap an equipped item, move the removed item to the slot left by the replacement.
  • Enhanced equipment swap function to swap equivalent items if the new item is clicked twice.  Requires the item_extra_info.txt file to be placed in your data directory.

• Added id and image id to storage category print.

• Added #disconnect (or #disco) # commands to disconnect from the server. (Updated 2020/02/29 to include saving of local files).

• 2020/02/29: Try to keep movable windows, proportionally where they are when resizing the main window.  The centre of the window is used as the anchor point.

• 2020/03/15: Added CTRL+U key bindng to open the summoning menu in addition to using the touch cursor on the summoned creature.

• 2020/03/22: The buttons and / or the equip grid of the inventory window can now be moved to the left of the window.  Using options in the title bar right-click  menu.

• 2020/03/22: Added a "Unequip all items" buttton "<", to the inventory window.

• 2020/03/22: Added a small dot to the show/hide message panel button "V", to show the colour of the last message when the panel is closed.

• 2020/03/23: Added popup window colours to those that can be redefined in named_colours.xml.  Here's the new named_colours.xml containing the new defs.

• 2020/03/27: Enable auto equip when using the item keys.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed scaling of spin widget arrows.
  • Fixed use item keys so not limited by number or quickbar slots shown
  • SDL2 Port: Prevent TAB key dangling from window system switching.
  • SDL2 Port: Prevent MOD (Ctrl/Alt/Shift) keys from causing AFK to end.
  • SDL2 Port: Fixed key definition of ITEM11 and SPELL11 to use SDLK_MINUS not SDLK_UNDERSCORE.
  • SDL2 Port: Fixed not being able to define keypad keys using key.ini.  Using the *Key Name* from SDL_GetKeyName() and keypad keys contain a space.  To use these, replace the space with and underscore, for example *keypad_1*.
  • 2020/03/08: Resolved issues with "Resync with server..." messages while minimised.
  • 2020/03/08: Resolved issue restoring after minimised that caused fast animations for a while while the client caught up.
  • 2020/03/08: Fix crash for special effects due to use after free when removing actors.
  • 2020/03/15: Changed mix window tooltip for +10 to suggest ALT not CTRL as CTRL clashes with window scaling.
  • 2020/03/15: Fixed issue where using the Touch cursor on a non-NPC could clear any open NCP dialogue.
  • 2020/03/26: Remove white space from end of new map marks and saved map marks.  This prevents confusion when trying to unmark.

Map Editor

Edited by bluap

Build updated, additional new feature: Try to keep movable windows, proportionally where they are when resizing the main window.  The centre of the window is used as the anchor point.

On 2/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, bluap said:
  • Enhanced equipment swap function to swap equivalent items if the new item is clicked twice.  Requires the item_extra_into.txt file to be placed in your data directory.

You have a typo in post, but it's correct in the file itself. item_extra_info.txt

Thanks again for this post and all the updates (:

4 hours ago, Diealot said:

You have a typo in post, but it's correct in the file itself. item_extra_info.txt

Thanks, fixed.  The link went to the correct place luckily.

Resolved issues with "Resync with server..." messages while minimised.  Also resolve issues when animations would run fast for a while catching up after restoring from minimised.  This was because of the new approach to doing less processing when the main client window is minimised.  While resolving this, found and fixed a use after free (and so crash) for special effects when removing actors.  All the builds have been updated.

Edited by bluap

4 hours ago, dragon_killer said:

Thanks a lot ! no more resync, I wonder if that had anything to do with me crashing time to time

It could have.  The resync cause all actors to be deleted and re-created.  The use-after-free was possible each time the actors are deleted.

Latest build includes:

• Enable auto equip when using the item keys.
  • Popup window colours added to those that can be redefined in named_colours.xml.
  • Remove trailing white space from new and saved mark marks.

This client does not work with Alienware quick keys. I had to revert back to the old client for them to work again.

8 hours ago, ShYne said:

This client does not work with Alienware quick keys. I had to revert back to the old client for them to work again.

What did you have to do to get them to work on the old client? If you changed settings in the key.in file, you may just need to do the same again. The key Def's may have changed. I'm not familiar with theses keyboards. Could you provide the actual model number?

Hi Bluap

I have installed the latest snap on Ubuntu and Cntr U does not seem to open the summon menu, am I missing something obvious?

14 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

I have installed the latest snap on Ubuntu and Cntr U does not seem to open the summon menu, am I missing something obvious?

I presume you have tried after summoning a creature?

8 hours ago, bluap said:

I presume you have tried after summoning a creature?

Yes, After summoning a creature 

10 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Yes, After summoning a creature

Sorry, you asked for anything obvious :P.  Are you using a non-English keyboard?  While checking thought the code I did find that I'd forgotten to add this and other recent keyboard definitions to the list that enables the use of the #keypress command and also the re-definition in the key.ini file.  I'll fix that later today.  Are you using the stable snap or the edge build?

Edited by bluap

6 hours ago, Wizzy said:

I am using the snap from ubuntu 18.14  I assume it is stable version.

What's your latency like?  There is a timing aspect.

Edited by bluap

1 hour ago, Wizzy said:

Mine to ~100ms and I allow for 250ms.  Its not a round trip delay but the time between getting the successful summons message and the right kind of actor (name and guild if present) is added to the client.  This is the only thing I can think of that might be causing the option to fail.  I could increase the wait time but higher values might cause confusion if there are a large number of similar creatures being created.

Edited by bluap

Hi, I have tested the ctrl+u for the summon menu bar, it seems it isn't working at all when you summon something using a summoning STONE.

It does work for rats, rabbits ( the only things I can summon).

I have tried map changing and it seems to work just fine, however it doesn't work if you already have summons on the maps you have just entered (or other maps/buildings), and it won't work if you previously used ctrl+u and there were no creature around.

To summer it up, it seems to be looking for the last creature you summoned, but in the case your last summoned creature isn't on the same map, the ctrl+u menu won't work

No issue with ping here whatsoever

I also can not use ctrl U with a summoning stone.

It does work for me with regular summons. However, I find it very awkward and distracting to have to scramble to do ctrl U if I am summoning for a purpose, such as to help in fighting. 

If it is possible, I'd like to see a setup where we can pull up ctrl U any time we want, summons or no summons, so we can have that window already available when we need it.  If we click on one of the options while we have no summons, we get a message such as "You have no active summons!"  and nothing happens.  Also it should be toggleable and maybe have an icon on the HUD.

The summon menu is working for me now. I summoned a rat while holding down cntl U and it started to work, and works as expected now.

I do have another issue. Client has crashed 4 or 5 times now on me when I try to grab text in F1 and hit copy the client crashes.  That is to say when I right click and copy from the menu

Wizzy

I'd never used a summoning stone but I had one on the test server.  Looks like you do not get a message from the server about the summons when you use one.  The client could detect the use of the stone (as for the counters), then use that in the same way it uses the normal summoning message.  I guess I'll need to buy some stones.  Are they all called "<creature> Summoning Stone"?

Aisinn, to open the menu, the client has to send the actor ID of a creature to the server.  The action only appears to work on your summoned creatures and so, for the ctrl-U to work,  the client keeps a record of the last summoned creature.  It uses the sequence of seeing a summoned message, followed by a new actor with the correct name and guild.  When it sees that sequence within 1/4 second, it enables use of the ctrl-U key.  Pressing ctrl-U at any time after that will open the menu by sending the stored actor ID.  If the creature is removed from the server (it dies or you change map), the client forgets the id and will not open the menu with ctrl-U.  I think the behaviour you want would need a server code change.

Wizzy, were you using a Summoning Stone before when ctrl-U was not working?  There is no reason to hold the ctrl-U down while you summon, all the detection code takes place independently of pressing the key sequence, holding the key down will have no impact on whether it works at all.

I have not seen a crash on copy like that.  The code for that has not changed in a long while.  Do you have any other information?  Is it a large copy?  Has the client been running for a while, is there a lot of text? Anything would help with debugging.

Its possible that I could drastically simplify the code needed for summoning menu ctrl-U. I've asked Radu about it and will see what he says.

8 hours ago, bluap said:

I'd never used a summoning stone but I had one on the test server.  Looks like you do not get a message from the server about the summons when you use one.  The client could detect the use of the stone (as for the counters), then use that in the same way it uses the normal summoning message.  I guess I'll need to buy some stones.  Are they all called "<creature> Summoning Stone"?

Aisinn, to open the menu, the client has to send the actor ID of a creature to the server.  The action only appears to work on your summoned creatures and so, for the ctrl-U to work,  the client keeps a record of the last summoned creature.  It uses the sequence of seeing a summoned message, followed by a new actor with the correct name and guild.  When it sees that sequence within 1/4 second, it enables use of the ctrl-U key.  Pressing ctrl-U at any time after that will open the menu by sending the stored actor ID.  If the creature is removed from the server (it dies or you change map), the client forgets the id and will not open the menu with ctrl-U.  I think the behaviour you want would need a server code change.

Wizzy, were you using a Summoning Stone before when ctrl-U was not working?  There is no reason to hold the ctrl-U down while you summon, all the detection code takes place independently of pressing the key sequence, holding the key down will have no impact on whether it works at all.

I have not seen a crash on copy like that.  The code for that has not changed in a long while.  Do you have any other information?  Is it a large copy?  Has the client been running for a while, is there a lot of text? Anything would help with debugging.

Hi, Cntrl U is working for me, I tried both stones and natural summons before and it did not work, but like I said above, since I did this by holding it down, it works every time now with natural summons.

The copy crash happens even when the client is running a short time, and even just a single line of text.  It happens randomly, not every time I try to copy text. and as soon as I hit cntl C or the copy menu client crashes and closes.

Output from terminal when crash

X Error:  BadWindow
  Request Major code 25 ()
  ResourceID 0x4a00a63
  Error Serial #1037
  Current Serial #1041

Wiz

Edited by Wizzy