Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raz

Disconnect Client

Is there a way - or could one be created - where you can simply disconnect the session, without logging off?

There are times - where I may not be in the safest of places, yet need to step away for a few minutes, so a simple disconnect form the server and reconnect on my return would be useful.  (Mainly as I'd like to keep session counters)

(I know that I could always drop the network connection / go find somewhere safe)

(I know if you are missing a sigil - casting a spell that uses it will do this)

I'd guess this should be fairly easy - but would anyone else use it?

To keep the counters :

Open a 2nd vindow, log on and close it again.

The 1st window will be disconnected and you just need to press any button to connect it again. The counters are still there.

I have always used this.

19 minutes ago, bluap said:

The # command #relogin is for just this situation.

Not sure you understand what I am after - I deliberately want to disconnect the session - then later reconnect.  #relogin seems to redo thelogin - so not leave you disconnected

52 minutes ago, Raz said:

Not sure you understand what I am after - I deliberately want to disconnect the session - then later reconnect.  #relogin seems to redo thelogin - so not leave you disconnected

Yep, sorry, I misunderstood want you wanted.  Perhaps a new #logout or #disconnect command......

Edited by bluap

24 minutes ago, bluap said:

Yep, sorry, I misunderstood want you wanted.  Perhaps a new #logout or #disconnect command......

Exactly #disco :)

9 hours ago, Raz said:

Is there a way - or could one be created - where you can simply disconnect the session, without logging off?

I've just added #disconnect (and #disco) commands to provide this function.  Hopefully, I understood this time.

Build links in the usual places:

Edit: There was a minor bug that lead to the disconnect message sometimes occurring twice.  I've fixed it and updated the builds.

Edited by bluap

Perfect - just what I was after - I know many wont use - but am sure there must be someone else out there who will use it :)

1 hour ago, Raz said:

Perfect - just what I was after - I know many wont use - but am sure there must be someone else out there who will use it :)

Good news.