Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest alexi

New Player. Game client keeps connecting to "Test Server". How can I change it to play on the Main server?

Guest alexi

Hi Everyone,

My question is basically in the title. I signed up yesterday and for some reason the game client keeps connecting to the test server.

I don't have an option to change this. At least not a visible option.

As I understand the test server is only used for development? I'd like to play the normal version of the game, but how do I change

the client from connecting to the test server to the main server instead?

please advise,

thanks

Are you installing from one of the snap, flat, or .dep packages?  If so, you might be clicking the wrong server in the "server chooser".

30 minutes ago, vinoveritas said:

try this command as start for El : /usr/games/el.x86.linux.bin

A side note here, my path is ./el_linux/el.x86.linux.bin because I compile my own from git.  We don't know your setup so putting this out there just in case.

Otherwise, not sure how this is possible unless you somehow messed with your servers.lst or you are a returnee with a prior installation/setup that is taking precedence?

If you start the client without no parameters, it will connect to the main server. If you are using one of the packages snap, flatpak, or Deb, you can right click the game icon and select main from the server list. If you are using the Deb package did you choose test from the luncher then yes, to always make this selection? This can be undo by deleting a file in $HOME/.elc

He did manage to get in-game yesterday (I saw he created at least 2 characters) so something worked.  Hopefully he comes back here to let us know what went wrong the first time and what he did to resolve it, for future use if anyone else has this issue.

Guest Alexi

Hi everyone,

I replied yesterday but it seems that my replies were not updated here. I finally got the game to work properly. But not before all of the problems below happened.

So I ended up making new accounts, because in addition to the server problems, I also had password issues.

- my first account (Alexi) was created on the test server. It refuses to login to the main server.

- I thought that something was wrong, so I tried making other accounts (on both test and main servers) which also had the same issues. It seems accounts created on test servers, cannot be logged in to main server and vice versa.

Due to the problems, I eventually ended up making two accounts on the main server. I think I'd use them both (hope that isn't against the rules). So it works now. The game looks great and I intend to stick around for a while.

So long story short, accounts created on a specific server, can only work on that server. Or at least so it seems for now, I don't know of this is a regular thing or not; it's just what happens to me.

I also registered on the forums here, so I'd no longer be a guest (with my new account "alekos". Registration still has to be approved.

This really was a mess. Thanks for helping me figure it out. See you all around?

Yes. Main and test account are separate.  However, main accounts are sometimes copied to the test server replacing evething there. This has not happened for a long time. Glad you up and running. Have fun.

Edited by bluap

9 hours ago, Guest Alexi said:

(...)

I also registered on the forums here, so I'd no longer be a guest (with my new account "alekos". Registration still has to be approved.

(...)

Don't forget to ask for validation in the validation thread

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.