Jump to content
Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

New client update available 1.9.5.p6

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, bluap said:

I guess you're both seeing a side effect of the fix for alt-TAB system window switching.  I've modified the code a little and reduced the delay I introduced by 20x, it was only a second before.  I foolishly thought people would not notice not being able to switch the map window for a second after gaining window focus.:omg:I've rebuild the Windows and Linux links given above.  @KaddyI've just seen your mention of ctrl+click drops being effected.  That should not be possible as the code was quite specific about the TAB key and could not effect other keys.  I do not see any delay there and I can even use the ctrl+click drop to focus the window while dropping.  Could that be just lag?

 

 

Nope, tried like 10 times and I had to wait for a few seconds to be able to ctrl + click after focusing on the new screen. So this can't be lag really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaddy said:

Nope, tried like 10 times and I had to wait for a few seconds to be able to ctrl + click after focusing on the new screen. So this can't be lag really.

And this is different to the version before the TAB issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. 1.9.5 p6 didn't have this issue.

 

If you want, I can download back to the previous client and try to reproduce.

 

But I'm usually using switching clients VERY FAST, that's why I tend to find these bugs pretty quick lol. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies - been away for ages - seems there is still a ranging bug issue.

 

If you are ranging whilst wearing a cape - and you shoot an arrow - ie the bow is up - if you then change the cape - you are displayed not wearing any cape at all.  Walking / removing bow causes normal cape to be displayed.

 

Confirmed from both the viewpoint of myself and someone standing by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Yes. 1.9.5 p6 didn't have this issue.

If you want, I can download back to the previous client and try to reproduce.

But I'm usually using switching clients VERY FAST, that's why I tend to find these bugs pretty quick lol. :P

Well, the code change was very small and I can't see how it could have introduced this new bug.  No matter, there are other areas in the code that have been there for years that try work work around issues with system window switching and keyboard stuff.  These could be the cause but they are not new.  I left them in the SDL2 port as no one had reported issues.  I'll have a look at making all these "fixes" optional from the Troubleshooting tab.  That way, people can just enable them if they have the issue which are meant to be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raz said:

Apologies - been away for ages - seems there is still a ranging bug issue.

If you are ranging whilst wearing a cape - and you shoot an arrow - ie the bow is up - if you then change the cape - you are displayed not wearing any cape at all.  Walking / removing bow causes normal cape to be displayed.

Confirmed from both the viewpoint of myself and someone standing by me.

Yep, that does indeed still need to be fixed, and its not just capes either.  There is an issue reported and I took a look at it but I think we may need a server change to fix it properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New development builds are available, changes include:

  • Fix for ITEM11 and SPELL11 action keys, the wrong key definition was used.  Also all 12 action item keys are available independent of the number of quick-bar slots display.
  • Individual window scaling can now be done using ctrl+mousewheel, or ctrl+cursor up/down.  Also ctrl+HOME restores to default size, ctrl+END to the last ini file value.
  • Previously, active modifier keys (SHIFT/CTRL/ALT) were cleared when the main window gained focus.  This is now an option in the trouble shooting tab; off by default.
  • The items window now has a button to show/hide the text message area, allowing for a smaller window.

Build links:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Previously, active modifier keys (SHIFT/CTRL/ALT) were cleared when the main window gained focus.  This is now an option in the trouble shooting tab; off by default. "

 

I don't understand this one.  Cleared in what way?  (I guess I don't understand how they wouldn't be cleared once you use them anyway, unless I'm not understanding what this feature is/does.)

 

Window sizing is awesome and I love the button to remove the description space in inventory window. 

The ITEM11 and SPELL11 now work as expected.

Just a note from the other thread, but on Linux, I have had no trouble with the sound.  It actually works better for me (not requiring padsp) with no intervention.

 

Thank you very much!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aislinn said:

I don't understand this one.  Cleared in what way?  (I guess I don't understand how they wouldn't be cleared once you use them anyway, unless I'm not understanding what this feature is/does.)

 

I couldn't really figure out what it happens either.

 

I tried to enable/disable it and try to ctrl + click to drop stuff when window is not focused, it doesn't work either way. I guess it doesn't do the thing I thought it would be lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm in console mode, it seems that keypresses don't reset time to afk. In other words, I can be in the middle of chatting and my status goes to afk. It's not until I use the mouse and click on things that I go out of afk mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogrod said:

If I'm in console mode, it seems that keypresses don't reset time to afk. In other words, I can be in the middle of chatting and my status goes to afk. It's not until I use the mouse and click on things that I go out of afk mode.

Not seen that, but I'll look into it.

 

4 hours ago, Kaddy said:

I couldn't really figure out what it happens either.

I tried to enable/disable it and try to ctrl + click to drop stuff when window is not focused, it doesn't work either way. I guess it doesn't do the thing I thought it would be lol.

If the game window does not have focus and you press and hold SHIFT/ALT/CTRL when the window gains focus the the old behaviour was to clear the key status.  If you then press another key while still holding the SHIFT/ALT/CRTL key, only the new key registered.  This was in the client before the SDL2 port to apparently fix and SDL1 bug.  This "fix" is now off by default but switched back on with the new trouble shooting option.  It sounded related to Kaddy's problem but clearly not.  There are no other such delays related to keypresses.  The only even slight similar behaviour I've seen is if the frame-rate is really low (1-2 FPS). I'm stumped.

Edited by bluap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nogrod said:

If I'm in console mode, it seems that keypresses don't reset time to afk. In other words, I can be in the middle of chatting and my status goes to afk. It's not until I use the mouse and click on things that I go out of afk mode.

I could only reproduce this by holding the SHIFT key down while typing - but I'm guessing that was not what you were doing.  Anyway, I've added additional checks for key-press events and removed the block on SHIFT/ALT/CTRL ending AFK - this now closer to the way the pre SDL2 client handled things.  Rebuilds are available at the same links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I get with latest patch;

 

https://gyazo.com/8b63664872c13bcb45017598fba8d169

 

This is what I get just after 1 minute of loading back Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5p20190915 ;

 

https://gyazo.com/b341580a4debd8938216743788312e10

 

Same pc, same connection, just 1 minute difference. I didn't really understand......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is absolutely nothing that changed that could have impacted your network latency.  The coincidence is that you were experiencing poor latency while trying the new build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, here things are getting more complicated. 
 

Two clients, both same build. One client gets 180ms stable ping, the other gets from 200 to 800ms pings with 3k-11k spikes. AT THE SAME MOMENT. lol how the hell this happens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume the clients are connecting to the same server, on same computer and on the  same network connection. Also have you tried pinging the server from the (windows?) command line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I installed this new update a few days ago and having a few minor issues,

1. The fine Rotation speed for the camera used to be usng the right hand shift key + arrow keys, Now its the left hand shift key. << fixed this

2. Every time i open EL the screen+EL goes extremly dark. if i go to desktop it goes away. I manage to navigate the options to the gamma option and increase it slightly and it pops back to original brightness.

3. Not sure if this was in the previous client and iv just noticed it but when u click and hold to turn the camera it moves one notch then there is a slight delay then it moves freely.

 

Great client though :)

Edited by Joe
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hi, I installed this new update a few days ago and having a few minor issues,

1. The fine Rotation speed for the camera used to be usng the right hand shift key + arrow keys, Now its the left hand shift key.

2. Every time i open EL the screen+EL goes extremly dark. if i go to desktop it goes away. I manage to navigate the options to the gamma option and increase it slightly and it pops back to original brightness.

3. Not sure if this was in the previous client and iv just noticed it but when u click and hold to turn the camera it moves one notch then there is a slight delay then it moves freely.

 

Great client though :)

1) I cleaned up some of the alt/shift/ctrl usage to make it more consistent.  You can still redefine the keys to what you like using the key.ini file.

2) That sounds like the correct behaviour and what I see on windows.  The default value is 1.00 for normal brightness.  If you change the gamma setting then the new value is saved when you exit and restored when you restart.  If that is not what you experience, then there is something wrong when you exit.  On Linux (gnome desktop) the gamma setting only works in full screen mode and I suspect the desktop is controlling it in some way.

3) Yes, SDL2 uses your window manager keyboard repeat settings and I cannot find a way to change that.  On my todo list to finding another way to achieve the effect.

I'm glad that despite all that, you still like the new client :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, bluap said:

I could only reproduce this by holding the SHIFT key down while typing - but I'm guessing that was not what you were doing.  Anyway, I've added additional checks for key-press events and removed the block on SHIFT/ALT/CTRL ending AFK - this now closer to the way the pre SDL2 client handled things.  Rebuilds are available at the same links.

 

I've been away for awhile but here are additional details on the issue.

 

I stay in AFK mode when NumLock or CapsLock is on while I'm typing.

When they are off,  I go out of afk mode as soon as I start typing.

 

Other observations

Turning NumLock or CapsLock on doesn't disable afk mode but when I turn it off it stops afk mode.

If both NumLock and CapsLock are on when in afk mode, they both have to be turned off to stop afk mode.

 

I'll download the new builds and let you know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, bluap said:

I could only reproduce this by holding the SHIFT key down while typing - but I'm guessing that was not what you were doing.  Anyway, I've added additional checks for key-press events and removed the block on SHIFT/ALT/CTRL ending AFK - this now closer to the way the pre SDL2 client handled things.  Rebuilds are available at the same links.

 

4 minutes ago, Nogrod said:

I stay in AFK mode when NumLock or CapsLock is on while I'm typing.

When they are off,  I go out of afk mode as soon as I start typing.

 

Other observations

Turning NumLock or CapsLock on doesn't disable afk mode but when I turn it off it stops afk mode.

If both NumLock and CapsLock are on when in afk mode, they both have to be turned off to stop afk mode.

 

New build turns off afk mode regardless as to whether CapsLock or NumLock is off so the issue is solved.

As you said, SHIFT/ALT/CTRL are no longer blocked from ending AFK .

With the issue being CapsLock and NumLock, did the the blocks on SHIFT/ALT/CTRL have anything to do with this? I actually like having those blocked but I can live with it either way. Thanks again for the fixes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×