Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

New client update available 1.9.5.p6

Version 1.9.5p6 of the EL client is ready for release. The data remains the same as p4 so you can just down the new executable.  Place these into your existing game data folder after backing up the original executable file (and DLL files for Windows). I've included full install packages too.

The major change is that the client now uses version 2 of the Simple Direct Media layer - SDL2

• Main window resizeable and full-screen available without restarting.
  • Bottom HUD status bar auto hide/show depending on space available.
  • New lower load idle state when main window minimised.
  • Added use of SDL pop-up message box to report fatal errors.

There are also a few bug fixes, the full list can be read on the release page.  Thanks to Sir_Odie who did the initial work on the SDL2 port and everyone who helped test the new version.

Windows options

Linux options:

If you are using the Flatpak, Snap or Deb packages already, you will get the new version next time you update as normal.

A Mac version will hopefully be available soon.

Hey Bluap,

I get this error in my laptop.

image.png.f4244bfcb251a11de69a55f5e87fe81b.png

It's basically saying opening DLL file failed. It's rather old laptop, what do you think the cause would be?

Can you add which windows version you use and which option you downloaded?

Also, do you have SDL2 installed, or does it come with the download?

Edited by revi

What revi sad. SDL 2 needs to be supported by your graphics driver but that should be true for any reasonable system. One of the included DLLs is the client bit of SDL.

I've not produced a Windows XP build as it's not supported by Microsoft and the build process I have is ancient.

I have Windows 10 though, it's rather interesting... I will try to update my Graphics driver and see what happens.

It's still not working.

Using Windows 10 Pro, recently updated. Downloaded windows10-64bit one.

But I tried to do the same update for previous client patches, couldn't make it work.

It shows 2 graphics card in my system... One of them is onboard I believe.

image.png.f465e5a615160ca031b2f5050e453806.png

I tried to update both. Intel didn't even let me update. And found AMD drivers from the website, but it doesn't even change anything at all. I also tried to download AMD's auto-update-finder thing, when I try to open that program, I get the same "failed to open DLL files" warning again...

Is there any way to update SDL2? I am no geek about these problems. :(

Edited by Kaddy

Which package did you install?  Can I check that you have unpacked the new el.exe and all the DDLs in the zip archive you downloaded.  Unpacked them into the same folder, the folder with the game data.  Also, that you are running the el.exe from that same folder.

Edited by bluap

I have done it before at my desktop without any problems. Both with overwriting data and installing new package from zero.

Problem seems like that config of laptop, or drivers whatever it is. 

I've downloaded Win 7-10 64bit package.

I have been using 1.9.5p4 on this machine and it is working quite well. It stopped working after SDL2 thing. 

3 hours ago, Kaddy said:

I have been using 1.9.5p4 on this machine and it is working quite well. It stopped working after SDL2 thing. 

Just to be completely clear, you were using the el_install_win10_64.exe build or el_install_winxp.exe?

I'm using the Linux 64 bit executable.  I notice the following behavior:

When pressing Alt-Tab to switch between windows, it sometimes has the effect of pressing the Tab key on the target window.

For example, if my window focus is on my web browser and I Alt-Tab to my EL window, it changes my EL window to the Map Screen.

The behaviour is sporadic. Sometimes it changes to Map Screen, sometimes it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if caps or numlock is on or off.

The right side control and alt keys aren't working for shortcuts. The left side control and alt keys continue to work fine.

I'm using the Linux 64 bit executable.

22 hours ago, Nogrod said:

I'm using the Linux 64 bit executable.  I notice the following behavior:

When pressing Alt-Tab to switch between windows, it sometimes has the effect of pressing the Tab key on the target window.

For example, if my window focus is on my web browser and I Alt-Tab to my EL window, it changes my EL window to the Map Screen.

The behaviour is sporadic. Sometimes it changes to Map Screen, sometimes it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if caps or numlock is on or off.

OK, I see this intermittent behaviour too. I'll take a look and fix it.

20 hours ago, Nogrod said:

The right side control and alt keys aren't working for shortcuts. The left side control and alt keys continue to work fine.

I'm using the Linux 64 bit executable.

The key.ini file has always been set to use the left keys but the client was sometimes checking for both left and right, sometimes not.  I cleaned this up and that's what you are seeing.  You can set to use the right keys instead by changing key.ini setting.  What I didn't do was enable key.ini to be set to use both options.  I could take a look at that perhaps.

4 hours ago, bluap said:

The key.ini file has always been set to use the left keys but the client was sometimes checking for both left and right, sometimes not.  I cleaned this up and that's what you are seeing.  You can set to use the right keys instead by changing key.ini setting.  What I didn't do was enable key.ini to be set to use both options.  I could take a look at that perhaps.

As long as I can change it in key.ini, that's all I need.  I like that you're cleaning up the client and making it consistent.  I only brought it up because it's different than what I was seeing in the previous client.  Thanks so much bluap for the great work you've done in bringing the client up to date.

There are new dev builds available changes include:

• Custom scaling for most windows (on the FONT tab).
  • The options window is now rescaled after closing/opening rather than a restart
  • Fix to properly scale option window spin widgets (the up/down arrows).
  • Fix for alt-TAB during system widow switching actioning map window toggle.

Builds

Edited by bluap

On 11.01.2020 at 3:14 PM, bluap said:

I did a quick search for "LoadLibrary failed with error: 1114" and there is a lot of information about fixing it.  For example https://windowsreport.com/loadlibrary-failed-error-1114/.

Does that help?

lol...

First option just made it work. :P It was the power settings that gave the error.

I'm having a tab key/tab map issue.  I run multiple clients and before yesterday's update, did not have any tab key problem.  Now, when I switch focus on the different clients, sometimes the tab key for tab map usage won't work right away.  If I want to switch client focus and use my mouse to click on the name bar at the top of the "new" client window, it changes focus fine but then the tab key won't work until I press it 3 times.  Sometimes even after that, the tab key seems to get "stuck".  But, if I directly try to do something in the "new" client, like walk or eat using the mouse, the tab key works fine first time I use it and continues to.  It only happens with this newest version.  It is not happening with the prior version.  Very strange.

Okay, I am having the same issue above. I even wanted to check if Aislinn has the same problem then we decided the post. It takes about 2-3 seconds for TAB to be active in swapping clients.

23 hours ago, bluap said:
  • Fix for alt-TAB during system widow switching actioning map window toggle.

I guess you're both seeing a side effect of the fix for alt-TAB system window switching.  I've modified the code a little and reduced the delay I introduced by 20x, it was only a second before.  I foolishly thought people would not notice not being able to switch the map window for a second after gaining window focus.:omg:I've rebuild the Windows and Linux links given above.  @KaddyI've just seen your mention of ctrl+click drops being effected.  That should not be possible as the code was quite specific about the TAB key and could not effect other keys.  I do not see any delay there and I can even use the ctrl+click drop to focus the window while dropping.  Could that be just lag?

I can't ctl-click drop unless I put focus on that window first.  I can't look over from another client and decide to ctrl-click drop.  I have to walk, or type, or click on the name bar at the top of the window first.  (I'll recompile after my harvest is done)

Whew! Tab map back to normal.  Thanks! :)