Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Extra Small Inventory Window

2 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Yeah I am concerned more about auto equip rather than the consumable. I still can't understan how it will affect it.

I suggest you just try it; builds are in the normal places.  The delay is only for the new feature, so its a delay in something you've not been able to do before. And only on repeated use within 1/2 second of the same two items.

1 hour ago, revi said:

In short, a repeated attempt to swap through a key shortcut will be delayed (and *only* a repeated attempt to *swap* through ket short-cut).

"Use" of e.g. food should be unaffected by this (but normal cooldowns apply).

Afaik, the server gets really grumpy if certain types of messages arrive too fast or too often.

That translates to you being kicked out (disconnected)

Yep.  That's it.

8 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

I like this feature :) so much faster and less time consuming equipping with fa, or the change from bow and arrow to halberd. its really nice.

Good news, it was a good suggestion.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, bluap said:

...  1) There is now an "Unequip all items" button in the form of a "<" under the the equipment grid. ...

I like the feature if I'm moving from harvesting, fighting or mixing. I'm afraid that I'll accidentally click this in the middle if an invasion and die instantly. Is there a way to temporarily disable this?

5 hours ago, Nogrod said:

I like the feature if I'm moving from harvesting, fighting or mixing. I'm afraid that I'll accidentally click this in the middle if an invasion and die instantly. Is there a way to temporarily disable this?

Not currently but it could easily be added.  Another option would be to require a double click.

10 hours ago, Nogrod said:

4 hours ago, bluap said:

Not currently but it could easily be added.  Another option would be to require a double click.

I like the double click idea. It makes the feature safe and makes the button quick and easy to access.

47 minutes ago, Nogrod said:

I like the double click idea. It makes the feature safe and makes the button quick and easy to access.

Since double slicking a button isn't the norm, what about also changing it to "<<" as a hint a double click is needed or some other special marking?

5 hours ago, Learner said:

Since double slicking a button isn't the norm, what about also changing it to "<<" as a hint a double click is needed or some other special marking?

OK, I'll take a look.

Question on the window resizing again.

Is it possible for the chat window (when we select Chat Window option in the Chat tab) to have the following abilities:

1)A minimize option (like when we can minimize windows with our window managers on our desktops) so that it's still there but we can get it out of our way without clearing/losing it?  Can the HUD bar function as a panel (like the inventory window)?  If not, could it minimize to a little poison drop sized icon at the bottom of the screen?

2)Better rescaling abilities.  It still is pretty big and limited in how we can adjust and shape it.

Maybe if I explain the issue/goal, you will better understand what I'm looking for.  Normally I like to keep my chat as Old behavior.  But when fighting, this gets in the way of what I can see.  Clear screen isn't an option as 1)new chat keeps coming and 2)I don't want to lose the chat, just hide it for a while.  The chat window seems like a nice solution but it doesn't size down well in shape (still way too wide) and can't get small enough.  However, if we could maybe minimize this window the sizing wouldn't matter so much.

56 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

...  But when fighting, this gets in the way of what I can see.  Clear screen isn't an option as 1)new chat keeps coming and 2)I don't want to lose the chat, just hide it for a while.

I agree with this. For the chat window it would be nice to have an easy way of hiding/revealing it. For other chat modes it would be nice to have some sort of toggle that hides chat on the main screen.

23 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Question on the window resizing again.

Is it possible for the chat window (when we select Chat Window option in the Chat tab) to have the following abilities:

1)A minimize option (like when we can minimize windows with our window managers on our desktops) so that it's still there but we can get it out of our way without clearing/losing it?  Can the HUD bar function as a panel (like the inventory window)?  If not, could it minimize to a little poison drop sized icon at the bottom of the screen?

2)Better rescaling abilities.  It still is pretty big and limited in how we can adjust and shape it.

Maybe if I explain the issue/goal, you will better understand what I'm looking for.  Normally I like to keep my chat as Old behavior.  But when fighting, this gets in the way of what I can see.  Clear screen isn't an option as 1)new chat keeps coming and 2)I don't want to lose the chat, just hide it for a while.  The chat window seems like a nice solution but it doesn't size down well in shape (still way too wide) and can't get small enough.  However, if we could maybe minimize this window the sizing wouldn't matter so much.

That sounds doable.

For consistency, how about an additional icon-window icon for the minimise function?  It could work across all the chat modes in a similar way as Nogrod suggested.  The chat window currently switches to tabbed chat when you use the close cross, so that could be changed to be consistent too.

In terms of making some of the chat window panels hide-able.  Is the aim that you can choose to just have the actual chat?  I'm not sure what you mean by "HUD bar function" unless you mean the tabs across the top of the window.  I realise that I did not make the chat window resizeable like all the other windows, neither does it move proportionally when you change the client window size.  As a first step, I'll fix that and lower the minimum size too.

32 minutes ago, bluap said:

That sounds doable.

For consistency, how about an additional icon-window icon for the minimise function?  It could work across all the chat modes in a similar way as Nogrod suggested.  The chat window currently switches to tabbed chat when you use the close cross, so that could be changed to be consistent too.

In terms of making some of the chat window panels hide-able.  Is the aim that you can choose to just have the actual chat?  I'm not sure what you mean by "HUD bar function" unless you mean the tabs across the top of the window.  I realise that I did not make the chat window resizeable like all the other windows, neither does it move proportionally when you change the client window size.  As a first step, I'll fix that and lower the minimum size too.

By "an additional icon-window icon", do you mean an icon in the brown bottom HUD row alongside of the buddylist, stats, console, help, etc?  If so, yes I think that is a great idea. 

Yes the chat window currently switches to tabbed chat.  I don't like that and makes me go into options to go back to Old Behavior chat.  So I'd love to get rid of that.

I don't understand what you mean by "Is the aim that you can choose to just have the actual chat?".  My end goal is twofold ideally.  One, to use the window chat but to be able to custom size it better.  Two, to be able to minimize it (not x it out) so I can quickly drop it out of my screen when I need to but pull it back up when I want to see it again.  That said, I also like Nogrod's idea to be able to toggle it on/off all modes as well.  The difference being that #cls removes it entirely and you can't scroll up to see it at a later point in time, where a toggle (in my mind) brings it all back so you can see it all again.

"I'm not sure what you mean by "HUD bar function" unless you mean the tabs across the top of the window."  By "HUD bar function" I mean the row of icons on the bottom on the brown part of the HUD.

I've committed a few changes to the chat system.

There's an new setting in the options window, on the chat tab to enable show/hide functions.  When enabled:

• ALT+c toggles showing any of the chat modes.
  • The chat window close-cross,  just hides the window.
  • You can add a icon to the icon bar to do the same as ALT+c.

When disabled:

• If you added the icon, it will be hidden.
  • Everything else behaves as it did previously.

Additional changes are to the chat window are:

• The window is scalable (CTRL+Up clashes if you have keys enable for window resizing which is something to adjust).
  • The position is moved proportionally like other windows when the client window is resized, and the position is saved between restarts.
  • The minimum width of the window is now half of what is was previously.

If you want the show/hide icon, I've modified the data file in the source tree (dev-data-files/main_icon_window.xml) to include this just after the attack icon setting:

<icon type="window" image_id="16" alt_image_id="17" help_name="chat" param_name="chat">
Old Behaviour||%windowed_chat=0
Tabbed Chat||%windowed_chat=1
Chat Window||%windowed_chat=2
||
Find Text||#find &lt;Text to find&gt;
||
Clear Chat||#cls
</icon>

Is it possible to have max lines on screen adjustable?

In normal chat, max 10 lines are showed in the screen, and if chat is spammy, it gets onto char etc as Aisy mentioned. So when I want to fight and chat and dont want to use windowed chat, can I adjust it? Seems like when you decrease it down to 6-7, it shouldnt be a problem while fighting.

Just tested it out - wonderful again!  Keeps the chat contained and the screen clean when needed without losing it all.  Love the window sizing changes, much better, and love that I can move the window around to wherever I want.  Love the minimize feature and icon.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  :)

One question: Can we lose the "tabs" in the window and shorten the height in the text box we type in?  They waste a lot of space.

(Oh and Kaddy's idea is pr0 as well.)

6 hours ago, Kaddy said:

In normal chat, max 10 lines are showed in the screen, and if chat is spammy, it gets onto char etc as Aisy mentioned. So when I want to fight and chat and dont want to use windowed chat, can I adjust it? Seems like when you decrease it down to 6-7, it shouldnt be a problem while fighting.

Yep, I can do that.

2 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Just tested it out - wonderful again!  Keeps the chat contained and the screen clean when needed without losing it all.  Love the window sizing changes, much better, and love that I can move the window around to wherever I want.  Love the minimize feature and icon.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  :)

One question: Can we lose the "tabs" in the window and shorten the height in the text box we type in?  They waste a lot of space.

(Oh and Kaddy's idea is pr0 as well.)

I'll look at a switch for the tabs. Would it be best to leave whatever channel filter is in place, or switch to "view all" if the tabs are hidden?

34 minutes ago, bluap said:

I'll look at a switch for the tabs. Would it be best to leave whatever channel filter is in place, or switch to "view all" if the tabs are hidden?

View all if tabs are hidden.

13 hours ago, Kaddy said:

I've committed this change.  The tab hiding is a bit more tricky....