Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Extra Small Inventory Window

My favorite client update EVER!  Thank you, bluap.  I noticed that when i first open the client, it has black borders on the top and right inside the client window.  the mouse is not callibrated correctly (you have to position well above what you're trying to click) until i resize the window, then everything is fine.  Loving that you don't have to have a slot visible to use it with key combos and the resizable windows!

Glad you like it Ozmondius, shame about the border and mouse issue.   Are you on Linux or Windows?  If you are using one of my builds, which one?

Windows 7 64 bit, EL client 1.9.5-20200120.2232

It's an easy fix from the user end, so no harm no foul!

Edited by Ozmondius

On 25/01/2020 at 6:29 PM, Ozmondius said:

Windows 7 64 bit, EL client 1.9.5-20200120.2232

It's an easy fix from the user end, so no harm no foul!

Thanks.  I've just published new builds which include a change trying to fix it anyway.

I have noticed that ctrl mouse scroll up/down resizes the window... this is great - but on the mix window - it used to add/remove 10 items in the mix line.

(or am I imagining that?)

1 hour ago, Raz said:

I have noticed that ctrl mouse scroll up/down resizes the window... this is great - but on the mix window - it used to add/remove 10 items in the mix line.

(or am I imagining that?)

Oops. ALT+scroll and SHIFT+scroll also work for the +/-10 so we could just remove use of control and fix the tooltip.  Any other suggestions?

3 hours ago, bluap said:

Oops. ALT+scroll and SHIFT+scroll also work for the +/-10 so we could just remove use of control and fix the tooltip.  Any other suggestions?

That works :) - alt for preference - but either work.

Is there a possibility that we (you) can make the boxes that say "Sto All", "Get All", Drp All", Mix All, and Itm List be on the left side of the inventory window if we so desire?  That would be very convenient for those of us who put, or want to put, our inventory on the right side of our screen such as for fighting.  Possibly the equipped items as well, but definitely the Sto All column.

I've implemented changes so that the buttons and / or the equipment grid can be moved to the left side of the window.  There are two new options on the title bar menu for the window.  I also did quite a cleaning up the code to make to make it easier to add and move things around.  I added two other new features.  1) There is now an "Unequip all items" button in the form of a "<" under the the equipment grid.  2) If you have the message display part of the window closed, there is now a small dot at the top of the "V" which has the same colour as the last message received.  I found I was missing the red/green messages as an indicator of success / failure.  I've updated builds in the usual places.

28 minutes ago, bluap said:

I've implemented changes so that the buttons and / or the equipment grid can be moved to the left side of the window.  There are two new options on the title bar menu for the window.  I also did quite a cleaning up the code to make to make it easier to add and move things around.  I added two other new features.  1) There is now an "Unequip all items" button in the form of a "<" under the the equipment grid.  2) If you have the message display part of the window closed, there is now a small dot at the top of the "V" which has the same colour as the last message received.  I found I was missing the red/green messages as an indicator of success / failure.  I've updated builds in the usual places.

Love it!  Exactly what I was envisioning.  The dot is great and the unequip all is super too.  Thank you so much!  :)

1 hour ago, Aislinn said:

Love it!  Exactly what I was envisioning.  The dot is great and the unequip all is super too.  Thank you so much!  :)

Great, glad you like it.

On 22.3.2020 at 5:17 PM, bluap said:

Again great work bluap, thanks alot. I really like this feature too :) 

One question about the Equipment swap (which works great btw.) Any way that if the item is in the Quick slots, that the hotkey would work like a double click and equip that item? right now if you use the quick slot key it only consumes an item as it simply assumes a pointy finger click on it.

4 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

One question about the Equipment swap (which works great btw.) Any way that if the item is in the Quick slots, that the hotkey would work like a double click and equip that item? right now if you use the quick slot key it only consumes an item as it simply assumes a pointy finger click on it.

Turns out this is really easy to do given the work already done.  If the item is not usable (use cursor), just try to equip it (including swap).  This works as expected.  The only issue is that bones are usable and so Use is tried in preference to equipping whether you can eat them or not.   If that's OK, we probably good to go.

Edited by bluap

38 minutes ago, vinoveritas said:

I think that is the preferred way to go with bones anyway as people who have the bone eater perk want to eat it more then use it as weapon.

Agreed.  I'll need to to a small delay between one swap and back again to avoid spamming the server.  This would not effect using the mouse double click, just the key binding.  1/5 of a second is not noticeable but perhaps a little low.  Would 1/2 or 1 second be OK?  I'll add some UI feedback to make it obvious.

As long as the feedback is only for the swap feature, and not for the consume item i think its OK. for consuming it should be fast because people are using the key bindings for disengagement rings.

9 hours ago, vinoveritas said:

As long as the feedback is only for the swap feature, and not for the consume item i think its OK. for consuming it should be fast because people are using the key bindings for disengagement rings.

Yes, I am only concerned with the swap feature.  Using an item either consumes it or puts a cool-down on the item stack.  With the swap feature, you could hold the key down and it would just swap back and forth, potentially several times a second.  I'm sure Radu would want to avoid that.

I've committed the change and updated builds are in the usual places.  I've reverted the change and the build due to an over sight that could corrupt your saved manufacture recipes.  Always glad for these backs-ups...

Edited by bluap

On 26/03/2020 at 11:22 PM, bluap said:

I've committed the change and updated builds are in the usual places.  I've reverted the change and the build due to an over sight that could corrupt your saved manufacture recipes.  Always glad for these backs-ups...

OK, so I've fixed the problem and re-committed the update.  All the builds are done.  I am 100% sure this version will not eat your manufacturing recipes.

I hope that nobody downloaded the bad version, I removed it within 30 minutes.  I feel bad if you did, sorry.  I recovered my recipes because to do daily back-ups which is a good thing for everyone to do.  Perhaps we could do a forum post on how to back up and restore your EL files .......

The issue was because I modified the structure used for items.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten that this structure is used when reading and writing the manufacturing recipes.  The update no longer modifies that structure.  Using a binary format like this is a very bad idea anyway because it is so fragile but that's another project.

Edited by bluap

I really don't like the delay of quick-slot key binding delay. Being instant is really good in my playing style. If you are going to make a delay, set an option in option/troubleshoot and make it delay/no delay selection.

Not many uses bone as a weapon nowadays anyway... If they want to use it as weapon, they should just double click or drag.

8 minutes ago, Kaddy said:

I really don't like the delay of quick-slot key binding delay. Being instant is really good in my playing style. If you are going to make a delay, set an option in option/troubleshoot and make it delay/no delay selection.

The delay only kicks in if you use the same key twice within 1/2 second.  Otherwise the auto equip happens as fast as possible.  It only impacts auto equip not item use.  The delay is unique to the inventory box the item is in.

Yeah I am concerned more about auto equip rather than the consumable. I still can't understan how it will affect it.

In short, a repeated attempt to swap through a key shortcut will be delayed (and *only* a repeated attempt to *swap* through ket short-cut).

"Use" of e.g. food should be unaffected by this (but normal cooldowns apply).

Afaik, the server gets really grumpy if certain types of messages arrive too fast or too often.

That translates to you being kicked out (disconnected)