Eternal Lands Official Forums
kit_gw

Login Server Down?

Did you Logout and Log back in? because when I go to try and log in. I can't even get to the sign in part. it Just says in red Letters Server Disconnected.. Grue.. those words are what pops up.

We can log on the Main server just fine. We can't connect to the PK Server at all.

Edited by kit_gw

I just logged in.  It works for me.  Could it be possible you had some kind of system update that messed things up?

I suppose its possible. but. I have 2 laptops and my hubby has a desktop. None of them can log on.. We reset the router, restarted comps, we can play on the main server. I am wondering if its maybe the server gate from ISP. I am thinking its needing restarted as well. Makes me crazy!

Thanks for Checking Aislinn, we appreciate it. Just paid to get my Password reset on my character... and now I can't even log on to talk to Radu later... gah!! :(:(:(  Goodness. I need to walk away for a bit before it drives me nuts-er. lol

I just logged on to several different clients - the old one I was using, the new one bluap is working on now, and just a random one I had from last year.  I did get a message from the first one saying that this client is not supported and must be updated.  That also could be an issue.  Either way, I'll send radu over to see this thread.  (I don't have access to pk server logs so can't see if anything glaringly obvious is wrong.)

1 minute ago, Aislinn said:

I just logged on to several different clients - the old one I was using, the new one bluap is working on now, and just a random one I had from last year.  I did get a message from the first one saying that this client is not supported and must be updated.  That also could be an issue.  Either way, I'll send radu over to see this thread.  (I don't have access to pk server logs so can't see if anything glaringly obvious is wrong.)

Thank you Aislinn I appreciate it very much. Thank you.

It could be a problem with your ISP, blocking our port? Can you try to connect from another ISP? Like from mobile data (using a wifi hotspot)?

Yes, that must be the issue! because I am connected to my hotspot and am not getting that issue with logging in. Do you think this means I need to contact my ISP and have them reset the Server. I forget if that is how I fix this issue. I think it happened a long time ago too. Or is it something I can fix at from here? Thank you so much for helping us. Appreciate it very much!

I don't know what they have to do to fix it. Might give them a call and explain the problem to them. Ask them if they block port 2002 TCP.

Have you been logging in to pk server regularly before this happened today or has it been a while and you maybe switched internet providers or your provider changed something without you being aware of it?

One way to check before calling:

https://mhotspot.com/blog/how-to-check-if-certain-ports-are-blocked-by-isp/

On a quick look at that link, it seems that those tools check if ports are blocked for *incoming* traffic, i.e. others trying to connect to your IP.

For me, both tools told me port 2000 is invisible, which is correct; I don't have any problems connecting to the main server, though (as that's outgoing traffic).

And checking if those servers can access port 2002 on the PK server is a bit useless as well...

What you need to check for is if those ports are blocked for *outgoing* traffic (i.e. youtrying to connect to an outside IP).

Well after resetting router back to factory because the ISP said it wasn't them that it was the router.. That still did not fix it. So after a bit more research I am convinced that the guy at the ISP was not a nice human... So I will just log on with Hotspot for now till Tomorrow when we can talk with someone with a little more kind and educated. So I will talk to you on the main server Radu about my pk server character. LOL I wish this was just an easy going weekend and not all this other Hubub. Goodness!

I do appreciate everyone taking the time to help us out. It has not gone unnoticed. We are blessed by you all truly! Hugs!