Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kaddy

Can we re-equip automatically when you break an arrow?

7 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Can you please look at the thing that I wanted? :D

arrow thing

AFAICT, the reload is sent from the sever.    In the break case, I guess, the server does not sent the reload.  You could add it to the wish list for Radu.

1 hour ago, bluap said:

AFAICT, the reload is sent from the sever.    In the break case, I guess, the server does not sent the reload.  You could add it to the wish list for Radu.

Server shouldn't be involved with Camera Movement like Arrows ... Kaddy's issue sounds more like a Delay in starting Key Repeat.

3 hours ago, Learner said:

Server shouldn't be involved with Camera Movement like Arrows ... Kaddy's issue sounds more like a Delay in starting Key Repeat.

This was a separate question form Kaddy asking if we could change the way ranging works when an arrow breaks.  Currently, you have to manually reload an arrow.  For a shot arrow, you automatically reload.  I checked the client code and the reload looks to come from an ADD_ACTOR_COMMAND message from the server.  I can only assume this is not sent when an arrow breaks.  However, we both may have misunderstood and Kaddy may be taking about re-equipping arrows if you fight with one and it breaks.  That could be sorted out by the client I think.  @Kaddy?

22 minutes ago, bluap said:

This was a separate question form Kaddy asking if we could change the way ranging works when an arrow breaks.  Currently, you have to manually reload an arrow.  For a shot arrow, you automatically reload.  I checked the client code and the reload looks to come from an ADD_ACTOR_COMMAND message from the server.  I can only assume this is not sent when an arrow breaks.  However, we both may have misunderstood and Kaddy may be taking about re-equipping arrows if you fight with one and it breaks.  That could be sorted out by the client I think.  @Kaddy?

Exactly that thing.

I wanted to know if it's possible when you fight with arrow on and re-equip at breaks?

OK, sorry for the confusion.  Its still probably easier for the server to re-equip the arrow but it could be done client side.  The disadvantage of re-equiping might be that you break more arrows.

And why should re-equiping an arrow be any different from re-equiping armor or weapon on break?

Afaik, the use of just an arrow (w/o bow) to profit from the side effects was exactly that, a side effect, and hard to

prevent.

I think such a change would need an explicit agreement from radu.

11 hours ago, revi said:

And why should re-equiping an arrow be any different from re-equiping armor or weapon on break?

Afaik, the use of just an arrow (w/o bow) to profit from the side effects was exactly that, a side effect, and hard to

prevent.

I think such a change would need an explicit agreement from radu.

Let’s accept the fact that using arrow’s side effect has been in our lives for YEARS now and they are a feature in game. Even some monsters are designed/reworking according to that effect. 

The only advantage it would make is to stop annoying people from 60’s combat level to 178. Because in almost ALL RANGES of fighters use this feature. 

The advantages for the game?

- More arrows to break, possibly deficit of arrows incoming, money sink. 
- Potential more bricks due to mirrors. 

I know alot of people would really want this ingame because it’s pretty much the most annoying thing in game. :D

Oh yes, the effect is now an established part of the game. And I have used it myself. And like I said above, given that

arrows have to be equiped to use a bow, I don't think it's easy to remove/avoid the use of the side effect.

But having an equiped item replace itself on breakage is an important change in behaviour.

As such, I think it does need explicit permission from radu (like any new client feature).