Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Random Polyphemus Spawn in TD or KF or Hulda

Hi,

Another idea that Radu asked to be posted with pros and cons.

8. Random Polyphemus Spawn in TD or KF or Hulda

One per hour or two, up for discussion.  Announced like the rat that escapes from the outhouse.

I like this idea, seems like a nice addition to the game and gives players a new activity to do. 

Maybe make the spawn time random aswell to avoid spawn sitters as much as possible.

Why announce it, if it spawns that often? And should it spawn that often, or is it like a normal mob spawn with a very long respawn time?

Unlike bags, monsters do not have a limited life time, so if you just spawn one every 2h in a PK map, you could end up with a lot of them running around :P

2 minutes ago, revi said:

Why announce it, if it spawns that often? And should it spawn that often, or is it like a normal mob spawn with a very long respawn time?

Unlike bags, monsters do not have a limited life time, so if you just spawn one every 2h in a PK map, you could end up with a lot of them running around :P

Maybe not that often, that was just a suggestion to get the conversation rolling. Could be less often for sure.  Also couldn't it be set to not respawn until it is killed?

Make it ivan-like. 

Set various PK spawns, do not annouce. Random respawn time, like 60 to 90 minutes. 

Do not tell spawns either. :D

I'm not against it, if it's announced like mentioned :)

--coming from a non-fighter

I like the idea of a c1 (non-aggressive) lenny more better.

Can the poly be non-aggressive and just wander around c1 (inside/outside). If not PK-Poly sounds fun too. Do it.

*I AM NOT AGAINST THE IDEA*

That said, I see this as a pr0 farm monster. Pr0's like Kaddy (I am not picking on you, just stating a fact) who are not afraid of or have no qualms about pking someone, will farm this monster to the Nth degree. 

I've no solution on how to combat that either. Capping won't work. Just use an under cap alt to kill it while the over cap stands guard.

Good luck

It could be a real pain for harvesters doing dailies in TD and Thel. 

There is no skip on those so someone could be stuck for a while unable to do daily which as usual does not bother some players.

Edited by saxum