Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Increase Variety of GIWS Invasions

Hi,

Stouxy left out a few other suggestions that came up so I'll try to follow his format here and add them.  All have been discussed with Radu and at his request, we are posting them for community review and comments. 

7. Increase Variety of GIWS Invasions

Exactly as it says.  Add more locations and more critters to the mix.  Feel free to offer ideas of what to add as well as locations if you are for it, or why you don't like the idea.

Some lower leveled critters would be nice. :)

I think the lowest are Fluffies? I wouldn't mind seeing some newb invasions like Gargs, orcs, etc.

Is it possible for an actual map and not a  to cave be invaded? That'd make GIWI a little more fresh.

Edited by Lexi

I suggested this 6 months ago to radu. More monsters, more maps and bigger variety of monsters.

I hope you get it.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, RipTide said:

I suggested this 6 months ago to radu. More monsters, more maps and bigger variety of monsters.

I hope you get it.

yep, but it keeps the forum alive

One added one could be the Lenny one people have asked for.  Lenny's family is in area and they are on various C2 maps.  Since they will not have raised up, stored diss rings/pots like main Lenny drops will be lower.

I also think that GIWS invasions should occur even if other invasions occurring.   What is the worst that could happen - Red/Black dragon on map with invader fighters?

The problem with having GIWS happen during other invasions is not the extra monsters that spawn, but the automatic clearing at the end.

Not nice if it happens 1h into a large invasion.

11 minutes ago, revi said:

The problem with having GIWS happen during other invasions is not the extra monsters that spawn, but the automatic clearing at the end.

Not nice if it happens 1h into a large invasion.

Could the clearing remove only the GIWS monsters?

Not sure that's easily possible: how can GIWS distinguish monsters it spawned from other invasion monsters (possibly same creature on same map)?

And, simplest implementation is something like

if (#il != 0) remove_invasion_monsters();

10 hours ago, saxum said:

One added one could be the Lenny one people have asked for.  Lenny's family is in area and they are on various C2 maps.  Since they will not have raised up, stored diss rings/pots like main Lenny drops will be lower.

I also think that GIWS invasions should occur even if other invasions occurring.   What is the worst that could happen - Red/Black dragon on map with invader fighters?

I don't think it is a good idea to have a GIWS during another invasion. All the fighters will be at the invasion, leaving the GIWS monsters to cause trouble for people who don't like to fight. Also, the server will clear all the invasion monsters after the time has expired. It's happened to me.