Eternal Lands Official Forums
StouXy

Decrease break rate of Invasion Meters

Hi,

I'll be posting few posts separately, each post will contain one suggestion for an update. So more people can give their feedback and thoughts on the topic :) 

Everything has been discussed by with radu and now we need community's feedback :) Hope you like those. 

Please, let us know why this idea is GOOD, as well as, why this idea is BAD, thank you

5. Decrease the break rate of Invasion Meters.

Self explanatory- invasion meters break 1/10 as of now. We suggest to decrease it to 1/30. More will be manufactured, more will be used, more will be sold. Nowadays, people don't manufacture them because noone buys them, because you don't want to spend a lot of gold coins to break it on the first use :P

EDIT: Or instead of 1 being produced from the current ingredients, make it 3 or 4. 

Thank you

StouXy

Edited by StouXy

I can see why you don't want to switch to single-use items (too many maps), but an alternative could be

to leave the break chance as is, but have the recipe provide several meters per set of ingredients. That

would allow a lower price per meter, and less of a barrier for use.

Even with a break chance of 1:30 you'll have one break on first use regularly.

As for no one buying: severa bots still buy them, but way under ingredient cost. I did make a few once, and sold to a bot.

Next time I looked, they were for sale at twice the buying price... I won't do that again any time soon...

I don't mind selling below cost, if it's used and results reported (a bit like contributing to GIWS).

If it's for a quick 100% profit for buyer, I'm out.

6 minutes ago, revi said:

I can see why you don't want to switch to single-use items (too many maps), but an alternative could be

to leave the break chance as is, but have the recipe provide several meters per set of ingredients. That

would allow a lower price per meter, and less of a barrier for use.

Even with a break chance of 1:30 you'll have one break on first use regularly.

As for no one buying: severa bots still buy them, but way under ingredient cost. I did make a few once, and sold to a bot.

Next time I looked, they were for sale at twice the buying price... I won't do that again any time soon...

I don't mind selling below cost, if it's used and results reported (a bit like contributing to GIWS).

If it's for a quick 100% profit for buyer, I'm out.

Yeah, we started with proposing the idea of making more out of the ings, but iirc radu then said we could decrease the rate. But yes, producing say 3 or 4 out of the current ings, would be awesome and even better, so yes, I agree with making 3-4 instead of one from current ings :)

being one of few people who use meters I think decreasing break rate is good.  Although I think increasing the number of meters you get per mix would be better.   I do feel more would use them because the price would be lower therefor not such a huge loss if it poofs.

Personally, I think both break rate decreased and more made per mix.  Just like treasure finders, pear finders, etc.

Or, change the recipe.

4 minutes ago, Starkie said:

Changing the ingredients instead of enriched magic essence why not to enriched energy essence there are plenty of them catching dust

Problem with that is then the EEE will be the problem once those sitting in storage are dusted off and used.  I was thinking a bit of a less expensive proposition.

38 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Personally, I think both break rate decreased and more made per mix.  Just like treasure finders, pear finders, etc.

Or, change the recipe.

I decided against suggesting single use meters, as there can be a lot of maps to test. Which means that the required number of meters could take up a good chunk of emu.

Since Invasion Meters are more of a benefit to the community (help clear maps) than to an individual, I think making them last longer or be cheaper (or both) would be good.  Anything that benefits the community at large would help more if it was cheaper.

Keep the break rate same, but make it 10 item per recipe. 

So no more 2 day lasting 250 hidden mobs and 264827317 place to look. 

I think would be nice to see a change of recipe for Invasion meter. EMEs just too expensive for the breakrate. makes mixing them not even worth it. Should be more like a Pear finder ings. Think alot more people would use with a decrease of ings/Breakrate.

also being one who uses and mixes meters, I would like to see them changed to show invisible mobs, there's nothing worse than breaking them only to find out the last mob is an invisible rat.  Also the rating of the mobs does not really show the strength of the invaded creatures (as of now I think chims and above are rated as vs mobs...there's a big difference between a feros and a nasty giant)

22 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Problem with that is then the EEE will be the problem once those sitting in storage are dusted off and used.  I was thinking a bit of a less expensive proposition.

EEEs are much more common than EMEs and as for dusting off and using whats in storage, I have over 260 and wouldn't be surprised if others have many more.

The amount currently in the divers storages isn't all that relevant in the long run (as they will get used up soon enough).

What is important is the rate of production, and alternatives.

At the moment, the chance for EEE is higher than that for EME (but those chances can be changed between updates);

I have no idea about the use of EE and ME (which would influence the amounts made of those), except that I use (and thus make)

more ME than EE (crafting, esp. for Barnes).

On the other hand, EME can be produced with an enrichment stone, EEE can't.

Yes, let's switch to EEE. At first it can require many EEE until they're not so crazy numerous anymore. Longer term, the recipe can be adjusted as supply/demand dictates.

Aislinn points out that eventually they will be used up and become rare. I think that's the intent but with the current chance of mixing EEE I don't think they'd become too rare. 

Why does an enriched anything need to be used?  All that does is open the new recipe up to the same flaws the current one has.

Isn't the use of rare items a design decision so that the item can't be produced in unlimited quantities?

If not, why have rare items used in mixing?

I would suggest to increase the amount made from 1 to 3 and decrease the break rate from 10 to 20. Problem solved. People will start using them more often etc etc.
Let's not mix EEE into the formula.

I think Wizzy came up with this idea. Make them single use, but 100 per mix.

It was a good idea then

Well the change has been made as of December 21. 

Invasionmeter manufacture formula now produces 10

I wonder if break rate changed.

I used to be someone who would help clear maps using them and then I ran into a string of uses where I got 1-3 uses out of them and I stopped.  Combining that with occasional critical failure it became too expensive to do this as service to game.