Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Testing client ported to SDL2

Not sure if this is the new client or just me:

Issue with item list modifier click.

Whenever I ctrl+right-click an item in the item list to edit the quantity or delete the item from the list, the menu pops up then immediately disappears.

I'm running 
Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5-20191215.1435

in windows 10.

18 hours ago, Diealot said:

Not sure if this is the new client or just me:

Issue with item list modifier click.

Whenever I ctrl+right-click an item in the item list to edit the quantity or delete the item from the list, the menu pops up then immediately disappears.

I'm running 
Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5-20191215.1435

in windows 10.

That's odd, I'm not seeing that on Linux or Windows with the same build.  How are you executing the ctrl+click?  I tend to hold the ctrl key, then click the mouse while still holding the key.  Does ctrl+click to override the site lock work for you?

5 hours ago, bluap said:

That's odd, I'm not seeing that on Linux or Windows with the same build.  How are you executing the ctrl+click?  I tend to hold the ctrl key, then click the mouse while still holding the key.  Does ctrl+click to override the site lock work for you?

Press (left) ctrl and hold then right click and keep holding ctrl.

Since you asked how I was pressing... I tried pressing them both at the same time and immediately releasing, and the window popped up and stayed.

Weird.

I don't know what you mean by "Does ctrl+click to override the site lock work for you?"

1 hour ago, Diealot said:

I don't know what you mean by "Does ctrl+click to override the site lock work for you?"

Sorry, I meant sit lock.  If you have sit lock enabled, you can override it by using ctrl+click to walk somewhere.  I was curious if that worked.

There are new builds for windows and Linux (some in progress).  I've had a go at fixing the problem @Diealot is having with the ctrl+click context menu.  The major change is a new way to reduce load when the client is minimised.  There is also a fix for a memory error when filtering chat that has nothing to do with the SDL2 port.

Edited by bluap

2 hours ago, Diealot said:

Whatever you did works! Thanks again, Bluap!

Eternal Lands Version 1.9.5-20191221.0256
Will let you know if I find any other issues.

Good news, I just changed the handling of modifier keys (CTRL, ALT etc) so they do not cause the context menu window to close.  I suspect you are getting more than one KEYDOWN from your Ctrl key for some reason.  Thanks for testing.

Another set of builds with a minor update.  The green stats bars in the bottom hud just hide, rather than get removed, when there is not space for them.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:04 AM, Kaddy said:

The arrows to move camera right left, up and down has a delay. In older version, if you push an arrow from keyboard, it directly makes camera moving and keeps moving as long as you hold. But in the new version, it moves a little bit, delays, and then keeps moving.

This is the only difference so far I've found.

Kaddy

Love the new client.  I just compiled and installed it, and everything posted about prior seems to work fine for me with the exception of the arrow keys to turn the client.  I also see it turn a tiny bit, then stop for a noticeable amount of time, then continue moving.

2 hours ago, Aislinn said:

Love the new client.  I just compiled and installed it, and everything posted about prior seems to work fine for me with the exception of the arrow keys to turn the client.  I also see it turn a tiny bit, then stop for a noticeable amount of time, then continue moving.

Thanks for testing Aislinn, glad you like it.  The camera panning delay is due to the keyboard repeat.  I've been looking for a way to work around it and think I have a solution based on how others have addressed it in other games.  I'll post when I have a version to test.

I have new (mostly) static Linux binaries to test.  These are new for the SDL2 client and built in a new way on a more recent version of Linux.  They also use new libraries and hopefully fix the issues with sound and should no longer need the padsp thing.  If you can, I'd still recommend use the flatpak version but choice is good:)

Edit: Just updated with libGLU now static, forgot I'd meant to do that.  New version is tagged 1.9.5-20191228.1930

Edited by bluap

I've done new build of the Linux (mostly) static binaries.  This to fix issues seen with full-screen mode on some systems.

Edited by bluap

Not sure if it's the client, but when buying from an NPC the repeat key does not work now - I just enable or disable the ranging lock (this with cursor over the dialogue box).

I just replaced my old NVidia graphics card with a new AMD one. Now if I cast MD the playing window (where I see my char) goes black bar the names boxes for me and others. Same happens if there is a lighting strike at night.

Also, not all the reflections in water are good. In the reflection on water I get many lines off to my char's right that appear to be made of reflections dragged out towards the right. I include three screen shots. First is normal, the other two have the lines. Seems to depend on the angle you look from. Maybe this has always happened and I just noticed now??

Not sure if the latter two are of the client or AMD's making, sorry.

Screenshot_from_2020-01-05_13-09-36.png

Screenshot_from_2020-01-05_13-09-45.png

Screenshot_from_2020-01-05_13-09-56.png

Thanks ZootNerper.  I've found and fixed the copy/repeat issue the dialogue window.

However, I can't reproduce the reflection or banner issues.  I even visited the same location and spent some time panning and zooming around.  If you did not see these issues before you new graphic card, it may well be a driver issue.  I'm using nvidia mostly but my windows test machine is an old laptop with a AMD card which works fine.  I'll give that a try using Linux.

@ZootNerper.  I've test using Ubuntu 18.04.3 on my old laptop with the AMD card and I see the same issue you have with reflections.  It happens on both the SDL2 port AND versions before that change so its an existing issue with AMD cards/drivers.  I'm not seeing the issue with the MD spell though.  I'll dig into this further.

Edit: Not this is the same laptop that I test the windows build on, and the problem does not happen.

Edited by bluap

Thanks for looking into the graphics problems. Sounds like they are AMD issues. Not had an AMD graphics card before, but switched from an Intel CPU to AMD so thought I would match them up.  Open source driver too.

Thanks for fixing the dialogue bug, that will really help. :)

Sound alerts not working. I use sounds a lot for I have vision issues and I often have my client under another window and it allows players to send me a sound alert when they want to trade.

I use Windows 7. I installed Windows 64 bit client in subdirectory and copied the binary EL and the DL files to game run directory.   Checked and sound warnings file is in usual place.  Checked and sound works fine and all settings set to max.  Tried manually triggering sound alert and does not work, something I do often. No idea what else to check.

Update: I copied the original saved files back to game run directory and now I still have an issue.  No idea why. It is Windows so will try reboot.

Edited by saxum
update

5 hours ago, saxum said:

Sound alerts not working...

Nothing has changed to do with sound warnings for many years.  There were couple of very minor changes to the sound module for the SDL2 port but nothing at all significant.  It works fine for me.