Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rokk

this game needs a new start!

HAYO!

this is a great game, agreed, although imo it needs a complete wipe and fresh start!

a new iteration could be just what is needed to breath new life inot some of the (way long dead) elements of EL

Ok i will reply with better english( or a better translator) 

i have been playing EL for  seven years on and off and seen many people come and go, and now the player base is very small and as most people have at least one alt i bet actual single IP address characters would be 30-50 

so i have a slightly edited suggestion; a new iteration on a new server, create a new server that runs along side the current main game server that has a fresh start, new toons, empty storage and some other defined rules from the main (reinstate rule five for one thing) plenty of toon buying and broken economic would be solved. Many older players would return now there is a reason to play again 

i think this would be a fun idea. maybe even have the server so that shop items cannot be bought and used in. it would make the Market a lot better that way we dont have people buying shop items to sell on the market for gc, everythign would be NPC or character made. Another major change that made a lot of people quit was no drop maps, i would like to see no drop feature completely removed.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 AM, Rokk said:

...a new iteration on a new server, create a new server that runs along side the current main game server that has a fresh start, new toons, empty storage and some other defined rules from the main...

We already did that once.  It's called the PK Server.  It's still alive and well, with a small player-base and virtually no actual PKing going on.  It's better than main in a number of ways and I've been full-time there since it was started.

It was very active for the first year or so, and then dropped off as all the PKers got bored and left (hilarious since it was exactly what THEY asked for).  The people who remain find it a great environment in which to enjoy EL in peace.

But I think it demonstrates that any demand for something new, and it's actual long-term usage, are pretty different.  I don't see any need to test the "new server" idea again.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Rokk said:

Ok i will reply with better english( or a better translator) 

i have been playing EL for  seven years on and off and seen many people come and go, and now the player base is very small and as most people have at least one alt i bet actual single IP address characters would be 30-50 

so i have a slightly edited suggestion; a new iteration on a new server, create a new server that runs along side the current main game server that has a fresh start, new toons, empty storage and some other defined rules from the main (reinstate rule five for one thing) plenty of toon buying and broken economic would be solved. Many older players would return now there is a reason to play again 

Such a server exists already since a while, and it doesn't have a large player base either. (Sorry, can't name it here, but going there you should recognise things).

And no, a new server would not solve the toon trading or the economy, just delay it for a while (until there are chars of sufficient levels for those that don't want to build their own).

Thinking new server will fix the broken ecomony itself is quite funny.

There are lots of people who have worked years for their chars, some spent time, some spend money. Some enjoy the process, some enjoy the end game. Basically you're saying that people will leave their "comfort zone" for a new server which will require shitloads of grinding ALL OVER AGAIN?

Heh, guess not.

It was nice when there were no fruit cooldown, serp stone 500gcs and EFE's 4,5k. HE's 4gcs SRs 12gcs. No rostos. People weren't afraid to lose a month-load-work-worth of items in a fight, because they still had alot of them in storage. (At least most PKers did). Mixers were happy because NPC prices were too high compared to the cost of mixing, so they could sell their goods. So cost/demand ratio was nice. Even after c2 and rostos and great swords etc came out, rosto drop rate was still quite well from harvesting. They were like 12-15kgcs lol...

So these will be a 9397129312th repeat but;

Rosto/binder/enrich/EFE rate was dramatically lowered to increase shop sales - resulted in price increase. Nothing was done.

A person with 789234 spy alts blocked hydro for years - resulted in epic shutdown for iron/coal/fe business - alot of people left. Nothing was done.

A few people did really hurt the economy, one of them was a developer who doesn't play the game and just harv fruits - resulted in price increase in a few items. Nothing was done.

Because of increase in rosto prices, people moaned to have a no-drop PK map, resulted in no point fighting afterall, killed PK - killed ALL those resources burned, hurts the economy balance between mixers and figthers. Nothing was done.

Shitloads of new ideas in forums, we didn't even have a restart in 200-something days.

I can keep going for days really...

So, do you really think a new server will fix the economy? lol.

-Kad

(I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm just stating the facts as I am still very active in game happily playing. :P )

17 hours ago, Kaddy said:

...we didn't even have a restart in 200-something days.

Hehe.   Amateur.   PK server #stats:     Server Uptime: 654 days, 3 hours,13 minutes

On 11/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, Kaddy said:

Rosto/binder/enrich/EFE rate was dramatically lowered to increase shop sales - resulted in price increase. Nothing was done.

When was that?

On 11/22/2019 at 12:42 AM, Kaddy said:

Thinking new server will fix the broken ecomony itself is quite funny.

There are lots of people who have worked years for their chars, some spent time, some spend money. Some enjoy the process, some enjoy the end game. Basically you're saying that people will leave their "comfort zone" for a new server which will require shitloads of grinding ALL OVER AGAIN?

Heh, guess not.

It was nice when there were no fruit cooldown, serp stone 500gcs and EFE's 4,5k. HE's 4gcs SRs 12gcs. No rostos. People weren't afraid to lose a month-load-work-worth of items in a fight, because they still had alot of them in storage. (At least most PKers did). Mixers were happy because NPC prices were too high compared to the cost of mixing, so they could sell their goods. So cost/demand ratio was nice. Even after c2 and rostos and great swords etc came out, rosto drop rate was still quite well from harvesting. They were like 12-15kgcs lol...

So these will be a 9397129312th repeat but;

A person with 789234 spy alts blocked hydro for years - resulted in epic shutdown for iron/coal/fe business - alot of people left. Nothing was done.

A few people did really hurt the economy, one of them was a developer who doesn't play the game and just harv fruits - resulted in price increase in a few items. Nothing was done.

Because of increase in rosto prices, people moaned to have a no-drop PK map, resulted in no point fighting afterall, killed PK - killed ALL those resources burned, hurts the economy balance between mixers and figthers. Nothing was done.

Shitloads of new ideas in forums, we didn't even have a restart in 200-something days.

I can keep going for days really...

So, do you really think a new server will fix the economy? lol.

-Kad

(I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm just stating the facts as I am still very active in game happily playing. :P )

Well. There we have it lol good point