Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Disseverer

Frame rate issue I did not have yesterday (first day ever)

Guest Disseverer

Yesterday my FPS was up between 30 and 40 with no problems. I maxed out all of the video options and the camera options without issue and played for 10 hours or something like that. Great time. No issues.

Today I logged in and my FPS was between 4 and 10 but would occasionally jump to 30 and 40 for 10 to 20 seconds then drop again. (this would have no effect on my CPU utilization)

I restarted several times with no change but while doing some reading it suddenly jumped to mid 20s and is staying there now. I am unable to get the same frame rate I had yesterday and when I zoom my camera in the FPS will jump to 40 but drop again when I zoom out.

Any Ideas?

Dell XPS13

Intel© Core™ i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz × 2

Intel Corporation Iris Graphics 540

Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 3.8.9

Guest disseverer

Update.. FPS just dropped to 8 again and is staying there. I even selected poor man in the troubleshooting tab and it makes no difference. Can this be caused by a loaded down server?

So, one of the penguin gurus of EL might have some specific help on that front, however, there are a few problems that may be causing your issues also.

I'm guessing you have opened a new/restarted your client? If not, try that (leaving the same one open forever has various side effects). Afking for a long time with console on can cause some graphics to 'pile up' (map markers) in ways they aren't supposed to, restarting the client clears that easy.

I've never had good luck with poor man... manually turning options off has usually worked better for me, for whatever reason.

Also, some maps just perform better than others. Differing amounts of objects on the map makes each map slightly different, particularly on older systems.

Maybe someone else has more concrete help

Also, check what else is running using some task monitor like "top" running from a terminal. Which version of the client are you using? Did you update anything like your OS GPU drivers during this time.

Guest Disseverer

Diealot,  Here is a list of things I tried before posting here:

- restarting everything

- manually reducing graphics requirements before also trying the poor man option.

- watching the system monitor for over all cpu load and percentage of cpu each program was using in real time. (load made no difference to the frame rate)

- The map I was playing did not change from yesterday.

- Tried running a system update, which I had not done since installing game, but which made no difference to the way it ran.

Since Posting I booted up my windows partition (same computer) and installed the game on windows 10. I have maxed out all the graphics settings and I am getting a steady 36 to 40 FPS at 2560x1440x32 ... Which is what I was getting yesterday on Linux.

I am going to kill the config file and see if that does anything.

Thanks.

Which version are you using on Linux. Your own build from source, a packaged version (which type), from were? The latest version is 1.9.5p4.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.