Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geelef

Together Again

Maybe ten yards away, Geelef was wondering about the same thing.

"If nature is acting oddly, what would happen to my spells? What would happen to our magic equipment? What would happen to all the things we thought were certain?"

He looked at his red-haired friend, lying on soft grass, still just breathing, and as pale as the snow on the icefields near the Atronarchs lair.

Two days later they set off again, Aira a bit more silent as usual. Nardo nudged him in the chest. "You'll be alright. Don't worry."

Aira just looked back at him, confusion and a slight fear could be read from his eyes.

He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again without making a sound.

Nardo knew his friend well enough to know he didn't want to talk about it, and asked no more.

"We'll arive in Yhr-fell in a day." JJK said brightly. "I'm really looking forward to the shopping area over there, it's said some real quality stuff can only be bought over there..."

"Do they have those silent arrows, really light, glowing faintly after they've struck the target?" Tumaros asked curiously.

"The Arrows of Alkaminey? Sure, you'd be happy with a few dozen of those, whouldn't you?" Jay smiled.

Tumaros nodded vigorously. "You'll never lose 'm, and you can't hear 'm coming..."

The two of them quickened their steps a bit, excited about the goods they could buy.

It was early in the morning when they noticed the first signs again of civilisation. Geelef was the first one, after another night through barren marshland it was a fenced fruit tree orchard that his eye had spotted and after a short sprint he jumped over the low wooden fence. “Here Guys.†he shouted while picking up and tossing over shiny ripe apples to his friends. “Breakfast is servedâ€. A rain of apples landed amongst them. In the grass next to the path that was along the orchard they sat down until their stomachs were full. “Dhat whay…Yhr –fell…only a pfew more hours andh will be dhere†mumbled Jjk, his mouth still half full, while pointing to where the path was winding over grassy hills still glistening by the early morning dew. “Great, lets be on our way then.†Tumaros said while wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Nardo took out his leather money pouch and took a few coins which he placed at the base of one apple tree. “There, that should be enough to compensate the farmer, I don’t want any guild running after us as if we were thieves†He could also hardly wait. In fact all where anxious and within minutes they were happily on their way again.

After a few hours it finally became in sight. Yhr-fell, high and majestic on a large grassy hill, surrounded by a sturdy circular brick wall with several towers. They all became quiet for a minute when they finally entered through the gate for they had never seen such an elaborate and strange architecture as shown of the city within.

Houses and warehouses, libraries, theatres, shops and market stalls, in the strangest shapes and sizes, were all build around an enormous tall engraved oblisk set in the middle of a large richly decorated fountain guarded by seven three metre high statues each made of a different deeply coloured quartzcristal. In awe they walked closer.

Frightening these statues looked, almost alive with their muscular bodies, their long nailed claws as sharp as their gleaming fangs set in a fearsome grin. “The rainbow goblins†Nardo whispered softly. He then realised why he was whispering, for there was no other people around except them. “Yes†nodded Jjk in the same low voice, “These are the ancient protectors of this mythical city, each named after their colourâ€. He swallowed for the crystals seemed to be softly glowing from within. “But where is everybody?†muttered Draca with a questioning look on her face. Jjk shrugged his shoulders with usual smirky face. “This had something to do with the eight one, but it would be spoiling the surprise if I would tell, all will be revealed tonight, just be patient until the sun has set†He pointed towards a house to the left of him. “I know the door to the Inn will be open, and I for one fancy a nap. We could all rest in there or explore this city and get your bearings, there must be something here for each of us, but listen to my warning as I was told the last time I was briefly here… do not eat, drink, lick, sniff, touch or open anything you see here, an I mean anything, until the sun is really firmly downâ€