Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Montez

Sound Installation on Linux

Good day everyone ;) Today I figured I will go ahead and install the sound on my EL client. As I was going to download the sound file from the EL website, I noticed there are no steps on *how* to install sound on Linux. I am rather new to this OS, but I figure it should be easy enough for someone that is familiar with it :P (I am sure the mkdir command is required somewhere). So, if it is possible I would like to suggest (on the EL download page, under Sounds), that steps on how to install sounds on Linux may be added as well. I think it would be useful for fellow Linux n00bz such as myself :rolleyes:

Edited by Montez
I am level 1 in Spelling.

Well with you being new to linux i will take you through the gui. After you have downloaded the sound file go to your downloads folder (/home/(your user)/Downloads. Right click the EL_sound_191.zip folder and select extract here. Then you can copy the sound folder and past it in your /home/(your user)/eternallands directory. And that is also where you will find your sound_warnings.txt file as well.

or if you are using a debian or ubuntu based linux (for other linux distributions there are other repositories or its included in the main system) include the pjbroad repository and then install eternallands-sound

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pjbroad/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install eternallands-sound

Or you can use Snap