Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kaddy

Request for used item counter

On 04.09.2019 at 11:09 PM, bluap said:

Sir Odie's latest windows build should contain this change, it was built the day I posted the above

http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~linke/EL-Services.html

I'm hoping to do a minor release soon with this and all the other fixes and minor features since 1.9.5p3.

Can you please add a "used/consumed" section in the counters? I posted this in @@6 and alot of people loved the idea.

4 hours ago, Kaddy said:

Can you please add a "used/consumed" section in the counters? I posted this in @@6 and alot of people loved the idea.

+1 for this idea as well Kaddy. I would love to know how many/much of an item I have "used".  Something quite similar to the other counters, such as Alchemy, etc which require a simple click in the manufacture window to be put into its own category. I am hoping this type of counter could be added as well for consumables. 

On 05/09/2019 at 9:43 PM, Kaddy said:

Looks doable and I have a prototype coded up, though as with all the counters, it would not be guaranteed to be 100% accurate.  I assume you want it to count any item you click with the "USE" cursor, and which is successfully consumed.  I've placed the counter button between "Crit Fails" and "Events" and called it "Used Items".  Is that OK?

On 07.09.2019 at 6:47 PM, bluap said:

Looks doable and I have a prototype coded up, though as with all the counters, it would not be guaranteed to be 100% accurate.  I assume you want it to count any item you click with the "USE" cursor, and which is successfully consumed.  I've placed the counter button between "Crit Fails" and "Events" and called it "Used Items".  Is that OK?

Yep exactly what I needed.

What about reconstruction day? it will count when item doesn't pop?

Ah, no. Currently the item is counted when it is removed from the inventory. So a reconstruction day item that is not consumed would not get counted. I'm not sure how to cover that.

Its ready but the new counters file will not be compatible with previous clients.  Worse still, a previous client could crash if it tries to load a new counters file.  I've fixed this for the future but I just know someone will encounter this problem until a new client is released and everyone has to use it.  I'm going to try to solve this before pushing the code change.

I've committed the code change for this feature.  There's a new counter called "Used Items".  Any successful use or use with of an item which is actually consumed, should be recorded by this counter.  It is possible to miss a count if you have really bad server lag.  It is also possible to trick the counter under some conditions but you have to be really quick and really determined!

Saving the new counter is disabled by default but can be enabled using an option in the  Options->Controls tab.  NOTE: If enabled, the saved counters file is not compatible with previous versions of the client which, unfortunately, may crash when loading the new file.  This issue is hopefully made explicitly clear in the help text for the enable option.

Whenever those that provided compiled versions have the time to provide a new one.

E.g. here: http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~linke/EL-Services.html (latest for windows/MacOS 32-bits is from 06.05.2019;

but see also http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?/topic/61259-macos-64-bit-client-help-needed ).

Those that can compile the client for themselves just have to update their GIT download and recompile

(and they probably already know that :P )

Edited by revi

Works great ty!

UMMM

Doesn't work when you use an item with Ctrl + number :(

Edited by Kaddy

Sorry, forgot about the ctrl+number.  I'm adding that.  I've never used a "daily cooldown reducer".  I presume it is consumed when used?  Do you get the item name at the bottom of the inventory when you mouse over the item?

I've fixed the ctrl+number issue and updated the Windows and Linux binaries, at the links above.  The Snap and Flatpak versions are building.  When I used the "daily cooldown reducer" you provided (thanks), it was counted just fine.  Wow those are expensive!

Edited by bluap