Eternal Lands Official Forums
Diealot

Negative session hours

See picture:

5c5a27f988473_ScreenShot2019-02-05at6_16_08PM.png.7fa1e9f8d0c17e453c4e48a88bd89d9e.png

I have encountered this bug a few times, but that's the furthest number from 0 that I've seen. I'd guess that at 600 hours (or near it) your session timer flips from positive to negative.

I've attempted to get back to positive session time, but usually I end up crashing in one form or another (EL crash, computer crash, power failure, wrong button pushed, etc.)

Let me know if you need more info... I'll try to get an approximate time of crash of this client. lol

Session time should indeed flip to neg. values after a bit over 596 h.

Technical: session time is an int (signed, probably 16 bit), calculated as the difference between two Uint32 values (unsigned 32-bit int).

(session.c:131 and session.c:180).

if the difference modulo 65536 is greater than 32768, it will be interpreted as a negative value...

Solution would be to change it to a float or another Uint32 (or even better the C99 type uint32_t) as it should never go negative.

As a workaround, you can reset your session every now and then (before session time reaches 596 h).

Mostly fixed in the git repo.  Its mostly fixed because OpenGL time wraps about 49 days after initialisation. However, the time calc for the session display was using a signed int rather than the unsigned int that the OpenGL clock uses.  The fix will keep things working up to the OpenGL time wrap, of about 1193 hours, it will then wrap round to 0.

BTW Diealot.  Looking at your screen shot, I see you can clean up your graphics alignment (your tabs are a little off) using the setting on the trouble shooting tab of the in game options.

Edited by bluap

Uhh...My tabs are off?

I'll have to wait for someone to compile a mac version of your client updates in order to try and make sure it goes to 1193.

30 minutes ago, Diealot said:

Uhh...My tabs are off?

Yep, if you look at the left-hand side of the tab (were it says session at the top of the window), its not a straight line.  This can usually be fixed by setting the "adjust graphics x/y" options.  This setting also impacts button text, scrolls bars and misc other stuff.  It purely cosmetic but has been in the client for years.

Weird things are now happening... I accidentally moved, and cannot sit any more, nor can I spin (ins/del).5c79b0156a6cc_ScreenShot2019-03-01at4_17_40PM.png.fc93bb8101ecba5035d2b2925a3bdea9.png

Sorry blueap, I just don't see that the tabs are off, if I adjust the things it looks worse.

Edited by Diealot