Eternal Lands Official Forums
vulgarknight

IP Banned

My IP was banned but I'm not sure why. I haven't played the game in a few years and I just moved into my new house and new internet connection last August. Thanks for your time.

IP: 199.58.115.172

If you have a dynamic ip, it might have gone into a range that had been banned because of problem. Unplug your modem for 10 mins and plug it back in. That will reset the IP and should fix the problem. You can also get whitelisted, but that is a Radu thing and you'd have to wait for him.

By any chance do you have any local friends who might have been banned that play or played?

Also, if a whitelisting is called for, I can handle that.

Hmm. Odd because your IP was banned quite some years ago when it was used by somebody else banned trying to circumvent his own ban (i.e. logging on from somebody else's house).

I'll unban the IP but if trouble shows up from it or it turns out you are a prior banned person, I'll revisit the issue then.

Thank you. Could this be related to my router? Or would it be solely because of my connection with my current ISP? I have my old router from back then but the modem and ISP are new to me. Also, my account was never banned, I logged in without issue on my phone on LTE so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm just going to play and try to level, no trouble from me.

:)

Well if "you" had been the one banned, it probably would have been a different character that had been locked.  "Lock"s are simply for characters while leaving the IP still open to play on.  A "ban" is the IP itself so no characters are able to log on from it, even if the character itself is not locked.

Regardless, I see no trouble on this character so it seems a safe gamble to unban the IP...plus it was 5+ years ago.  :)