Eternal Lands Official Forums
StouXy

Banned

Hi, I was IP banned, please could I know why? And if the ban is temporary or permanent please?

Thank you.

StouXy

Edited by StouXy

If the reason is rule 14, then I am very sorry.
Did not think that posting pastebin.com link with storage sales is illegal. ( Should have known better )

Did it first time. Till yesterday I always posted the stuff on this forum and for some weird reason yesterday I posted the pastebin link directly.
If that's the case, then I am sorry and I promise to never do such thing again. ( As I haven't in the past )
If that's not the case, please do tell me the reason.
Thank you and appreciate it.

StouXy.

You'll have to wait until the locking mod, aislinn, or radu replies.

Just adding posts is not going to speed up, help or change that.

Here's the situation.

We as a collective group (both mods and players) are completely fed up with your constant EL, mod, player, and radu bashing every single time you log on.  To add to that, you do nothing but abuse EL by buying and selling characters and storages and reselling for personal rl $$$ gain.  You are a net drain on the game financially and psychologically.  You are a negative advertisement for the game and we are tired of it.  And don't even think to play dumb and say, "I said nothing bad".  We aren't stupid and I am pretty sure we have a good enough grasp of the English language to know what you are implying with your imagined innocuous comments. We also see much of what you post publicly elsewhere.  This has been going on for years.

Simply put, if you don't like it, don't come here.  And especially, don't abuse us in the process for your own personal monetary gain.

Uderstood.
Yes, I agree, I am a pain in the ass sometimes. And yes, I should talk less, or not talk at all.

And I do apologyze for all the troubles I have caused to you, radu, community and unofficial forums too.

I won't play dumb, because I know I said loads of sh*t. I admit and totally agree.

Only one thing on my defense I have to say: I do care about EL, even if it doesn't seem that way. That's why I even suggested radu the redo of the website to attract more player. Found a coder who would do it for reasonable $. As well as doing the Xmas giveaway with Cher last Christmas ( 2017 ). Wanted to do it this year as well but was very busy irl.

And I mean it when I say I care about EL, because I basically grew up playing EL.

As far as unoffs go- I also admit, I cause a lot of trouble there, but only towards Susje, noone else. And yeah, it's not very mature and I should stop. So I am willing to go through all of my posts and delete EVERY SINGLE bad comment I made there. Just give me the chance to prove myself.

And as far as personal gains go, well, not very happy to say ( because now Susje will have a advantage over me when I say this publicly ) , but I am very far from making profit in EL. Especially after buying STX and STXII chars. And yes, I claimed publicly I am making profits, but in reality...far far from being there.

I am very sorry for my behavior and I am more than willing to change my attitude, which would result in : not attacking verbaly radu, you Aislinn or anyone else.

-Staying out of all drama

-Not bashing anyone on unoffs, especially not Susje

-Deleting all the bad comments out there

-Behaving well 

And I'd like to especially apologize to you radu and to you Aislinn. I am truly sorry and I mean it.

This is enough of a warning for me and I do actually listen to those and pay very close attention to them, because now I see it's very serious.

I know I said this many times, but I'd like to say this publicly here now and for everyone to see.

If I EVER become pain in the ass from this point on, please do ban me forever without giving me another chance to play ever again. I am that serious this won't ever happen again.

Thank you very much for your time and response.

StouXy

Why now and not all the other times you were warned/locked/banned for the same issues?  You say the same thing every time.  Guess what.  We're at that point.  Enough.  You don't play anymore.  You just log on to your bought character to buy or sell other characters/stuff and toss your insulting snarky comments into @6.  You might join an occasional invasion you might happen to catch but that's it.  And we all know the headaches you caused as Adko.  I don't believe you learned a darn thing but are saying what you were advised to say (hi kaddy).

It's not just unofficial.

Also I am sure you would love to delete all your bashing - so "next time" you can say, "Show me one previous occasion!"

Again, how stupid do you really think we are?  (I know, I know, rhetorical question as you think we're very stupid, clearly.)

Because now I see how really wrong I was, I should have known better.
Well, I was actively playing, did every invasion, died a lot, did dailies, even harvested etc..But past 2 months I was very busy as it was end of the year and real life got me busy. That's why we didn't even do the Christmas giveaway.
Yes, I did cause a lot of headaches. But really, is it really for the permanent ban? I know you hate me Aislinn, but really, is there nothing I did good or helped?

Unoffs- no, it was just a suggestion I was willing to do. And no I am not that idiotic to say " show me one previous occasion ".

And as far as Kaddy goes, I was the one pming him, asking him to talk to you as I realized I am the one bad here, not you guys.

Once again, I am sorry and promise to change. Especially when I publicly declared to ban me if I do one more bashing or say anything stupid etc.

Please consider all I said and I hope you'll notice I truly mean it.

Thank you.

StouXy

If my memory doesn't fail me (and otherwise, I do have notes), your last ban session (last of several) was for this exact same reason...

Personally, I'm wondering if you would "love" EL as much if you weren't making a real world dollar profit from it.  All I see is a whole lot of sweet-talking, you are clearing out your posts on unofficial, and the playing you did do was to make more profit on the black market $$ side of things.  I wonder if you'd "love" EL so much on a self-leveled character and no buying/selling.

All this brings to mind all the people who got themselves locked and/or banned, swore on whatever they consider holy they are so so so sorry and simply love EL and MUST have their beloved character(s) back, and then when I foolishly return them, they promptly turn around and sell that "beloved" character for real world money. 

I am seeing a lot of people who consider EL to be their personal real world money supplier and that is their game-play style.  When this is restricted or taken away from them, they are "bored" and the complaints and insults start.  Every requested "improvement" or "update" is to make $$ sellable drops better or more sellable gc.  Invasions are criticized if a certain amount of real world dollars aren't attained during one.  It is clear that a large portion of the people purchasing the extremely high-leveled characters consider them a $$ investment and use them to farm to sell the results outside of EL.  And then of course the cries of "EL is boring".  Seriously?  (I have also briefly discussed with you how this seriously skews game dynamics, which is another issue all in itself and not related to your ban, but still worth mentioning.  You do not seem to care about that, either.)

So against this backdrop, I see your behavior:  coming online simply to "play" to get more to sell, buying/selling characters and storages, and constantly criticizing and insulting the game, the game creator, the moderators, and picking fights with certain players.  Bashing even worse in outside venues, be it Whatsapp, Skype, OL, Unofficial forums, etc. - all the while abusing EL to make a $$ profit from it. 

I still have a very strong suspicion you have been coached in what to say and how to come across.  It's a bit too miraculous of a change of heart - literally overnight - to take seriously. 

So I'm thinking you will be locked/banned for a month at the least.  I will ponder it more, discuss it with the mod team, and consider your actions during that month.  Ideally, I'd love to say, "Okay, sure you can come back, on a normal self-leveled character, don't be a jerk, and no profiteering off of EL's back".  However, of course, we can't control that, don't really even want to control that, and the manpower hours that would be needed to even try would not be feasible or desirable. 

I'll say it again, and this goes for everyone - if you don't like EL, nobody is forcing you to stay here.  One game just can't please all people, we know that.  But don't stick around to be a jerk and ruin it for everyone else.  And most of all, don't stick around to be a jerk and rub salt in the wound by abusing EL and those involved in it by not only trying to make a buck off the very game and people you despise, but trying to force/bully game changes to help that along.

I played EL for a very long time before I started " making profits ". Was in 2015 when I started doing this iirc.

And also yes, I was lvling my own char- StouXy, who was supposed to be 100 cap with high eng to bomb 170's players, but then bombs got nerfed and I stopped lvling him at all.

I am not going to argue with you honestly, because I am sure loads of people do that. All I can add to it, is that I do really like EL, as like I said, I grew up playing it.

As far as unoffs go, I just edited my signature and the "Susje is a c*** " post, that's it. Haven't touched a single post of mine. Just like I told you, it was not very mature and was over the top. If you want me to, I can put it back.

No, I haven't been couched, feel free to ask Alphabet about our Skype call. Yes, it was over night, as I finally was shown the real consequences of my actions and reconsidered my behavior and actions. So yes, it was literally over night.

One person I talked to made a nice example " You go to someone's house, you stay there and then you start criticising and bashing his home. But the next day you go there again, stay there and do the same criticism again. Next day the same, and again and again...etc..."
So yes, it's wrong and I do fully understand that.

All of your posts over there are now gibberish with just random letters strung together. 

Regardless, it seems you believe that because you like EL, you should be allowed to continue on as you have been doing for your profit (while hurting EL) but will just keep your mouth shut wherever you think you might be seen.  Does that sound about right?

Here's the decision.  After discussion with mods, and discussion with you, I decided you will remained locked and banned for one month from the initial locking and banning date, which was January 17.  On February 17, you can post here asking for STX to be unlocked and unbanned.

I don't know yet what I want to do about the other characters you are in possession of.  I expect you to play and conduct yourself as we discussed - no more badmouthing and no more using EL as your income stream.  If you truly do love EL, you will have the chance to prove it by playing like a normal player and acting like a normal person.  If turns out to be too much for you, nobody is forcing you to stay here and we won't put up with a repeat performance this time.

On 30. 1. 2019 at 6:50 PM, Aislinn said:

Here's the decision.  After discussion with mods, and discussion with you, I decided you will remained locked and banned for one month from the initial locking and banning date, which was January 17.  On February 17, you can post here asking for STX to be unlocked and unbanned.

I don't know yet what I want to do about the other characters you are in possession of.  I expect you to play and conduct yourself as we discussed - no more badmouthing and no more using EL as your income stream.  If you truly do love EL, you will have the chance to prove it by playing like a normal player and acting like a normal person.  If turns out to be too much for you, nobody is forcing you to stay here and we won't put up with a repeat performance this time.

Hello,

could I please get unbanned?

Thank you