Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Hot Key combo for Target creature if click close by it

I really like the new target system but in some instances it becomes annyoing, for example if you go from close to you chasing towards chasing a running creature. or if in a team fight you want to go close to a target but want to wait till a tank is ready to attack. truning the option on and off over the option menu (or if possible over a user menu takes a lot of time and concentration at some scenarios)

So i would love to see a hot key combination that could be put into the key.ini. that toggles this feature.

Any suggestions for which key combo to use? You can set options with a text command and also from user menus too.

Alt+A or Alt+T would be good choices. i for myself will put it on num block divide button in the key.ini as i did put all quickslots and spell buttons that i use for fighting on the numblock and thats where my hand is when i use it. but for people not using such changes i think alt+A or alt+T is somethign they can remember.

Edited by vinoveritas

OK. I've committed a change that uses ALT+t. If used the option toggles and a console message shows the new status.  Let me know if it's what you wanted.

Oh, in case folks do not know, to change a config option form the command console:

On

%target_close_clicked_creature=1

Off

%target_close_clicked_creature=0

Toggle

%target_close_clicked_creature=!

With the new key press, you can also use:

#keypress K_TARGET_CLOSE

These can all be used in user menus too.