Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MichelAngelo

Vial mold and EFE-prices

Hi all,

So I've had a 'break' from this game for some years and recently I thought of playing again, I did notice the (slight?) decline in players but what happened to (bot)-prices for EFE?? at almost 28k/30k each this means thing like making vial-molds (and vials) with a break rate at 2200/2500 isn't something anyone with some sense would still do...

Are there any thoughts going around to 'revive' the crafting of items (i.o.w. remove the possibility to buy items like vials/rings for fixed prices from NPC's or make them dependant from bot-prices....) or has the game now more or less evolved to a combat-only game?

Kind regards, Michel.

Prices are realative to supply and demand.

Tatu daily rewards vial molds as well,

Rule 5 has been lifted and most people have specialized mule alts to haul vials. 

I have done things in my life that has made less sense

Wiz

Thanks for the reply,

I totally agree with the fact that prices should reflect real supply and demand, that's why I asked the question if it wouldn't make more sense if NPC prices would also take the 'market'-prices into account (as part of a formula) to calculate prices for a day (or week or whatever timeframe is chosen), maybe this would lead towards a game in where the making/crafting/potioning etcetc of items are worthwhile again (instead of reading a 'big book of....').

I do think that should be possible (the 'big book of...'-part) but I somehow I think the original idea for leveling (making items) in a skill is somehow bypassed in the last years.

btw, I don't think the lifting of having alts is, or should be, a valid answer, it just means there is a work-around available.  ;-)

MA.

Prices went up by conscious effort by radu.  Quests were added to Darithia requiring EFEs and other rare items in attempt to drive business to shop but Eternal Lands just became a banana republic with hyperinflation. There are players using 50-100 rare esses in a sitting to attempt to get rare items and that also affected prices.

And you are correct on most mixing becoming unprofitable.  Market costs of ingredients cost more than cost NPC sells for because without those items being affordable many of feeder characters stop playing.   Bread and Circuses is current scheme of game rather than what it was before.