Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

F2 Browser Malfunction

I have been trying to get F2 to launch chromium.  Nothing happens.  Firefox works fine, both if I type Firefox into the Options Server Browser box directly from in-game, and if I edit el.ini.  However, nothing happens with chromium.  I have tried chromium, chromium-browser, /usr/bin/chromium both entering those ingame and via el.ini.  I run Arch Linux.

Also a guildie runs Mac and is also having trouble with his client always launching Safari no matter what other browser he enters in both places.  

Also of note, if I run chromium via a terminal as $ chromium, it launches chromium just fine.

Is there a trick we're missing or is the Browser function broken?

You could try to set the x-www-browser flag.
not sure how to do it in arch linux in Debian based systems its like this.
update-alternatives --config x-www-browser 

at least el understands x-www-browser in the config file

I changed the setting from the options window to "chromium-browser" which worked fine and immediately for me.  This is on Ubuntu 18.04.  I'll give my arch install when I have time (I have to change disks on an old laptop).  On Linux at least, If you have x-www-browser set like vinoveritas says, then you can use x-www-browser in the client setting.  You can also use xdg-open to open your default browser.

Edited by bluap

I am starting to suspect it's something wrong with my setup and not the client.  xdg-open did not work. I also tried adding export BROWSER=/usr/bin/chromium to my .bashrc and that did nothing.  I don't think Arch has the update-alternatives --config x-www-browser function.

I've just tried on Arch and I can switch between the in-client settings of firefox and chromium and both work just fine.  Which build of the client are you using?