Eternal Lands Official Forums
RipTide

Eternal Lands News

EL news flash: This is your cracker jack EL reporter Ace Jackson. The south western part of White Stone coal cave collapsed sending several member of K&M guild to the underworld.  Guild #NU leap into action and is mounting a rescue mission to try and save the trapped members of K&M.  LOM guild volunteered to help, but spent most of it's time trying to bag jump any contents of the group's bag. Story is developing....

*This is a total made up story. No offense is meant to any guild's mentioned. Feel free to add your own "Not necessarily the news" stories of your own.

Edited by RipTide
bad grammer

Sorry if I offended anyone. :( It was all meant in good fun. Names were changed to protect the innocent.

EL news exclusive, Cracker Jack reporter Ace Jackson reporting. During yesterday's intense invasion this news story has surfaced. The feared and most dreaded Day of the Brave had struck. The once fearless guild was left quivering in the Iscalrith tavern.

"How can we dare to face that monster, that bricker." One of them was bemoaning.

"I don't know. I'm just so afraid to even leave the safety of this building." Another one chimed in.

Stepping off the boat from Irinveron, Stay Puff stood on the dock. Sword in hand and armed to the teeth, he began walking in the direction of the bricker.

Meanwhile, hiding behind a bush, someone spied Puffy standing before the canoe that lead to certain death.

"Puffy turn back," he called.

Not heeding the warning, Puffy stepped onto the boat. The man stood and ran toward the tavern.

The door to the tavern burst open, the man stood in the open doorway.

"My friends, the brave Stay Puff has come to put an end to that terrible bricker."

"We can't let him do this all by himself," one person declaired.

One by one they gathered their arms and exited the bar. By the time they arrived the battle had been raging for some time. The bricker was nearly dead just from the fear of having to face Puffy alone. One by one the members of the guild stepped on the canoe. Just as they launched their attack, Stay Puff hit the bricker with a mighty blow that sent it to nothingness. Puffy stepped off the bag.

"You can have the drop. Just remember who vanquished this foe."

Thus ends the narrative as told to me by the mighty Stay Puff.

Edited by RipTide
edit to remove some names

Eternal Land News, Ace Jackson reporting. It started out as a seemingly normal No Drop Day, but little did we know that it would end in total mayhem. Enter onto the scene a lady of extreme determination. She knew what she wanted and she was sure going to get it at any cost. Having set her goal on hydrogenium ore, she embarked on a foray that would end it total tragedy.  She brought along the man of her life. He had one job and that was to provide lookout and protection. Passing though the first set of hurdles all was looking promising. The ever present foe seemed to have disappeared. A familiar face appeared ahead. Was he friend or foe? Tensed for battle, Dendar passed by with barely a nod. Our heroine Darrock started to pass by when dastardly Kaddy attacked. Dendar quickly jumped to her aid. The power of Kaddy knocked him away. Turning his attention to Darrock his first blow staggered her; the second blow sent her down to the abyss. Quickly following behind was her beloved Dendar.

Dateline 10-09-0056, Ace Jackson reporting. The bricker that wouldn't die and the MAD Wizard.  But first a word from our sponsor.

If you need to get some dirt on someone or simply need to send someone a message, try Mercator information services. He can give you latest on a person's comings and goings. Need to know the stats on a pk target? No problem with the about feature. Mercator can do it all. *Disclaimer: Use of this service is meant for information purposes only. Actual performance may vary. If arousal lasts for more than 4 hours you should see a DR. blah blah blah blah....

Back to our story: The anger of the MAD Wizard was roused earlier today and he unleashed his full fury on the land of Irinveron. A hapless group of adventurers prepared to do battle with whatever Wizzy could throw at them. One victim a man by the name Kaddy was seen later gracing the presence of the underworld. Dehlia and the 130 cap group gobbled their way through everything that our enraged MOD could throw at them and begged for more. As a giant swats a flea, Wizzy casually tossed in a bricker to quell their boss desires. This story is still developing tune in to the 11 o-clock report to see how it all plays out.

Edited by RipTide
bad spell'in ;)

Particularly liked the *furry*   Otherwise excellent reporting!

21 minutes ago, lyndy said:

Particularly liked the *furry*   Otherwise excellent reporting!

Thank you my editor was on coffee break :D

The Contest

Ace Jackson reporting.

A word from our sponsor: Sloan's banking services. We are a full service bank with all the perks and advantages of those larger banks. Plus we are an authorized representative of Byte coin. Why settle for a bit when you can have a full Byte! Byte coin has 8 times the growth. Disclaimer: Deposits made to Sloan banking services are not insured. Deposit gold coins at own risk. Interest is paid at .0001% on 5,000gcs or more. 9/10ths of each gold coin deposited is guaranteed to be taken up in banking fees. Please fully read the prospectus before investing.

The teams were balanced, mostly. Each team was made up of the upper crust of warriors, accompanied with combatants of all skill levels. The plan was simple; use the nub players as fodder for the monsters while the pros were free to kill squash their opponents. What could possibly go wrong?

Team K was in Bethel, with their prowess they would steam rolled over all the invasion monsters in their path. Team C was in Kusamura jungle. They had intelligence and skill as their greatest attribute. Meanwhile team O was in Melinis, viewed as an underdog and unlikely to succeed. They would have to work hard to win this competition.

The monsters were unleashed and they roared into action.  The captain of team C lead her group of highly killed warriors as they charged into the fray with a loud crash. Monsters fell before them like cord wood. They were well on their way to victory. Team K attacked their foes. Suddenly summons appeared all around them, monster summons attacked monster. Team O had a trick up their sleeves. One by one all the members of the team appeared on horseback. They charged into the monsters like the old Light Brigade, felling foe after foe. Monster after monster threw themselves on Team C only to die in utter agony. Soon the danger had passed and their chore was to mop up the stragglers to win the prize, but the map was so large for such a contest. Team K's summons had run out of steam and were falling away. Their captain leapt from foe to foe leaving only bodies in his wake. Team O had broken the monster's rally and defeated them. The horsemen raced through the map clearing all of the remaining monsters. They had gained the victory over the other 2 teams. Team O had won the day!

Edited by RipTide

Ace Jackson with a:

Deep investigative report. Rumor has it that yesterday's invasion was left in a conundrum. The 150 cap boss monsters were somehow miss-capped. The MAD Wizard went off to his beauty slumber leaving no way to re-cap the monsters. Sometime after that, these capped bosses were slaughtered. I cannot say by whom.

Edited by RipTide

A Special Report, Ace Jackson reporting:

It seems the dastardly Moderator RipTide suckered one of his fellow mods into an "Easy" 130 cap invasion. Thyralax was minding his own business when he was approached by Rip.

"How about I make a 130 cap invasion for you? I'll keep it real easy."

"Sure, just take care of me. I'm not as strong as I used to be."

The unsuspecting Thyralax and Moon Dust entered Trassian city, only to be met with a wave of Cyclops. The attack was tempered by the might of Thyra and Moon Dust. They knew they could withstand this. Next came a wave of fluffy rabbits and feros. That too was turned aside. Then came wave after wave of chimeran wolves, yeti and frost trolls. Poor Thyralax was overcome by them. Undaunted, he returned. His dragon blade failed him. The red dragon helm of Moon Dust, bit the dust. One by one the bricks poofed. As I interviewed our saintly Thyralax in the underworld after the invasion he gave me the grim toll.  4 bricks 1 rdholm & 1 dragon sword later and its cleared, Ohhhh and 1 damaged ice plate. The pride of a job well done beamed across his face.  

After the carnage was over I interviewed RipTide.

"Moderator Riptide, how could you do that to your fellow moderator?"

"I didn't do anything wrong. I was asked to make an invasion."

"Did you or did you not say you'd make an easy invasion?"

"It wasn't me man, I was... umm making cookies."

"You BC'd the invasion, you spawned the monsters, and this was your invasion."

"WHO YOU GOING TO BELIEVE MAN? ME OR YOUR LYING EYES?"

The interview ended at this point.

Ace Jackson, out.

Edited by RipTide