Eternal Lands Official Forums
darrock

Client - Item list request

Hi. I have a request for a small client change that would save me (and perhaps others) daily rage fits.  The Storage Window menu has an option called 'Disable Item Filter'.  I would like for the same option to be added to the Item List. 

During most of my EL life, I have the Item List open. Often, while mixing, I reach for the kb to type something. When I do, if my cursor happens to be resting on (or near) the Item List, I can Ctrl-V things into my chat window, but can't type anything there (typed chars go to the Item List).  This problem is even worse when I'm using (Windows) onscreen kb (when my dog is on my lap).  With that kb, if the cursor has PASSED OVER the item list on the way to the onscreen kb, i can't type anything that goes into my chat window. :S

So what I hope could be a very minor change on your end, might ultimately save (what's left of) my EL sanity. I'll be forever grateful if you can help me with this one. :D

Was a minor change.  There is now an option to disable the find list feature if you right-click in the list part of the window.  The option state is saved in the el.cnf file.  Hope that's what you wanted.

Edited by bluap

1) Run the latest version of EL client from Git

a) If you run Windows, you can download a compiled copy of it from Sir_Odie's site:

http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~linke/EL-Services.html

B)If you don't run Windows, you'll have to compile it or ask someone else

2) Right-click on the actual item list (not the title), and select Disable Find List.